[microsound-announce] [framework radio] #415: 2013.04.07
. m u r m e r .
murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Apr 8 03:52:36 EDT 2013
phonography ::: field recording ::: the art of sound-hunting
open your ears and listen!
- sunday, 11pm, london, uk on resonance 104.4fm
- monday, 16:30, vancouver, usa on radio nouspace
- tuesday, 12:30pm, south devon, uk on soundartradio 102.5fm
- wednesday, 3am, lisbon, pt on radio zero
- wednesday, 16:30, vancouver, usa on radio nouspace
- thursday, 7pm, lisbon, pt on radio zero
- thursday, 11pm, maribor, si on radio mar 95.9fm
- friday, 1am, brussels, be on radio campus 92.1fm
- friday, 16:30, vancouver, usa on radio nouspace
- saturday, 11am, new york state, us on wgxc 90.7fm
~ time zone converter: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com ~
for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net
your contributions make framework possible. sign up as a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here: http://www.frameworkradio.net/donate.
as a thank-you for your donation of €20 or more, we'll send you the
latest issue of our framework:seasonal release series!
this edition of framework:afield has been produced in the uk by joseph
young. about the show:
"On March 11th 2013 it will be one hundred years since Luigi Russolo
penned the Art of Noises manifesto in the form of a letter to fellow
futurist composer Francesco Pratella. In honour of this auspicious
anniversary I will be unleashing a “noise triptych” to commemorate
Russolo’s life and work.
"First of all, will be a performance of “Cartet” – a quartet for car
horns, engines and radios, guerrilla style somewhere on the streets of
London (the piece was originally performed at East London Soundscapes on
World Listening Day 2010, produced by Fruit for the Apocalypse).
Secondly I have been invited to contribute as a guest blogger to the
World Listening Project website. I shall be writing about the continuing
importance of Russolo’s work for the 21st century. Finally, I have been
invited by Patrick McGinley to make a programme about the Art of Noises
for Framework Afield on Resonance FM and broadcast worldwide."
more information about the project can be found on joseph's website:
again, we are always looking for new material, whether raw field
recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated framework:afield series. send proposals or material,
released or not, on any format, to the address at the bottom of this
mail. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!
framework intro submissions:
1) take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
2) record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3) read aloud the following text (in english or translated):
welcome to framework. framework is a show consecrated to
field-recording, and its use in composition. field-recording,
phonography, the art of sound hunting; open your ears and listen!
4) continue recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after the text
5) post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3
:: info at frameworkradio.net
:: tartu mnt 41
:: 63710 ahja
mailing list: http://eepurl.com/lQBOT
More information about the microsound-announce