[microsound-announce] Podcast: MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH... Ed Veenstra. Part I (broke music, anti-records, crazy formats...)

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 10:42:13 EDT 2012

*Podcast: MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH... Ed Veenstra. Part I*

Link: http://bit.ly/A7u1SG

MEMORABILIA. COLLECTING SOUNDS WITH… seeks to break through to unearth and
reveal private collections of music and sound memorabilia. It is a
historiography of sound collecting that reveals the unseen and passionate
work of the amateur collector while reconstructing multiple parallel
histories such as the evolution of recording formats, archiving issues, the
collecting market and the evolution of musical styles beyond the
marketplace.

Dutch collector Ed Veenstra collects all kinds of music-objects by plastic
artists (a total of around 3,500) who have worked with sound at some point
in their careers. Records, but also what he calls Anti-records, strange,
impossible and unclassifiable formats that approach the object from a
radically different perspective and exceed the traditional functions of the
medium. His thorough and detailed collection and classification work sheds
light on the art world's fascination with sound and music.

More at: http://rwm.macba.cat/
Follow us on: http://twitter.com/Radio_Web_MACBA