[microsound-announce] [framework radio][repeat]: 2012.06.24

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Jun 25 07:16:31 EDT 2012

framework radio
phonography ::: field recording ::: the art of sound-hunting
open your ears and listen!

-------------------------

framework broadcasts:
     - sunday, 11pm, london, uk on resonance 104.4fm
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
     - tuesday, 12:30pm, south devon, uk on soundartradio 102.5fm
(http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)
     - wednesday, 2am, thessaloniki, gr on cooradio
(http://www.cooradio.com)
     - wednesday, 3am, lisbon, pt on radio zero
(http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 7pm, lisbon, pt on radio zero
(http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 11pm, maribor, si on radio marš 95.9fm
(http://www.radiomars.si)
     - friday, 1am, brussels, be on radio campus 92.1fm
(http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
     - saturday, 11am, new york state, us on wgxc 90.7fm
(http://www.wgxc.org)

~ time zone converter:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net

SUPPORT FRAMEWORK!
your contributions make framework possible. sign up as a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here: http://www.frameworkradio.net/donate.
and as a thank-you for a donation of 18€ or more, we'll send you the
latest issue of our framework:seasonal cd series!

-------------------------

[repeat]: 2012.06.24

a repeat edition this week, this show originally broadcast on
2008.10.19, back when we first began broadcasting on multiple stations.
this was our first show to air somewhere other than on resonancefm, on
our first new partner station, radio zero, in lisbon, portugal:

<http://www.frameworkradio.net/2008/10/211-2008-10-19>

"a more relaxed edition this week, with fewer and longer pieces.  we
finally got around to listening to dallas simpson‘s environmental
improvisation with flowerpots, as well as to leny puksar‘s scratchy snow
recordings.  we also heard a few of dan warburton‘s soundwalks, and a
few extracts from paul bradley‘s 2nd collaborative project with cria
cuervos.  but also – some news!

this week framework has widened it’s frame – it has been our hope and
desire for awhile now to hear framework broadcast on more radio stations
around the world, and this week that project begins.  while podcasting
and streaming on demand are great (i know many of you listen that way)
there’s nothing like good old broadcast scheduling, and this week we
begin our partnership with radio zero in lisbon, a long-time friend of
resonancefm, and co-founding member of the radia network
(http://radia.fm). our plan is to offer framework to many more
independant radio stations as well, so stay tuned for an fm broadcast in
your hometown!

radio zero is based in lisbon, portugal, and broadcasts on the internet
from http://www.radiozero.pt.  if you’re a new listener listening on
radio zero, please drop us a note and say hello!"

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field-recordings, field-recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our  guest curated framework:afield series. send proposals or material,
released or not, on any format, to the address at the bottom of this
mail. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

-------------------------

(time  /  artist  /  track  /  album  /  label)

00:00 – 04:50  /  adam wimbush  /  framework introduction
[no web info]

02:41 – 22:38  /  paul bradley & cria cuervos  /  [excerpt 1]  /
moraines II  /  small voices
http://www.twentyhertz.co.uk, http://www.myspace.com/sileat

06:53 – 16:03  /  leny puksar  /  snow on reeds, dry leaves, birds [
excerpt 1]  /  snow country  /  -
http://www.lenypuksar.ch

15:23 – 37:14  /  dallas simpson  /  [tracks 1-15]  /  trancending
resonances (planters)  /  -
http://www.dallassimpson.com

26:54 – 40:47  /  dan warburton  /  a walk through l (lytham, lancs,
2003)  /  -  /  -
http://www.paristransatlantic.com/warburton

30:49 – 38:19  /  leny puksar  /  snow on reeds, dry leaves, birds [
excerpt 2]  /  snow country  /  -
http://www.lenypuksar.ch

34:28 – 54:02  /  paul bradley & cria cuervos  /  [excerpt 2]  /
moraines II  /  small voices
http://www.twentyhertz.co.uk, http://www.myspace.com/sileat

39:21 – 50:40  /  leny puksar  /  melting snow on stones  /  snow
country  /  -
http://www.lenypuksar.ch

43:16 – 57:00  /  dan warburton  /  a walk through r (st remeze,
ardeches, 2004)  /  -  /  -
http://www.paristransatlantic.com/warburton

-------------------------

framework intro submissions:

   1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
   2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
   3)    read aloud the following text (in english or translated):

welcome to framework. framework is a show consecrated to
field-recording, and its use in composition.  field-recording,
phonography, the art of sound hunting; open your ears and listen!

   4)    continue recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after the text
   5)    post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
framework
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
::   http://www.frameworkradio.net
::   info at frameworkradio.net
::
::   http://www.facebook.com/frameworkradio