[microsound-announce] [framework radio] #378: 2012.06.03

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Jun 4 17:51:37 EDT 2012

framework radio
phonography ::: field recording ::: the art of sound-hunting
open your ears and listen!

-------------------------

framework broadcasts:
     - sunday, 11pm, london, uk on resonance 104.4fm
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
     - tuesday, 12:30pm, south devon, uk on soundartradio 102.5fm
(http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)
     - wednesday, 2am, thessaloniki, gr on cooradio
(http://www.cooradio.com)
     - wednesday, 3am, lisbon, pt on radio zero
(http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 7pm, lisbon, pt on radio zero
(http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 11pm, maribor, si on radio marš 95.9fm
(http://www.radiomars.si)
     - friday, 1am, brussels, be on radio campus 92.1fm
(http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
     - saturday, 11am, new york state, us on wgxc 90.7fm
(http://www.wgxc.org)

~ time zone converter:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net

SUPPORT FRAMEWORK!
your contributions make framework possible. sign up as a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here: http://www.frameworkradio.net/donate.
and as a thank-you for a donation of 18€ or more, we'll send you the
latest issue of our framework:seasonal cd series!

-------------------------

#378: 2012.06.03

this edition of framework:afield has been produced by marc behrens. for
more information, see http://www.marcbehrens.com. a few words from the
producer:

THAIPUSAM presented by Marc Behrens

"Documentary recordings made at Batu Caves, Kuala Lumpur, on February
5-7, 2012.

You will hear, in this order: the surroundings in Kuala Lumpur Chinatown
* music at the Mariamman Temple * the Thaipusam 2012 procession departs
towards Batu Caves * the arrival of Lord Murugan's chariot at the gate
to Batu Caves * a sequence of trance music at Batu Caves * rainforest
sounds.

In case you want to read on about the Thaipusam festival, check this
link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaipusam.

Acknowledgements: Goethe-Institut Malaysia, in particular Volker Wolf
and Patsy Ng, Goh Lee Kwang, Y'ing Yin, Volkmar Hoppe, Christian Hess."

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field-recordings, field-recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our  guest curated framework:afield series. send proposals or material,
released or not, on any format, to the address at the bottom of this
mail. if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

-------------------------

framework intro submissions:

   1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
   2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
   3)    read aloud the following text (in english or translated):

welcome to framework. framework is a show consecrated to
field-recording, and its use in composition.  field-recording,
phonography, the art of sound hunting; open your ears and listen!

   4)    continue recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after the text
   5)    post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
framework
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
::   http://www.frameworkradio.net
::   info at frameworkradio.net
::
::   http://www.facebook.com/frameworkradio