[microsound-announce] MoKS open call: AVAMAA2012

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Tue Feb 28 08:34:34 EST 2012

we have put out our open call for participation in the MoKS centre for
art and social practice AVAMAA2012 summer symposium, Building Moksville.
full details, submission guidelines, schedules, and maps available here:

<http://moks.ee/site/pmwiki.php?n=ArtSymposium.AVAMAA12eng>

some general info from the call:

AVAMAA is a unique symposium for art and ideas hosted every summer by
MoKS, an artist run organization and residency center in the rural
village of Mooste Estonia. AVAMAA encourages creative interventions in
the local context and the exchange of ideas through the platform of a
living workshop. AVAMAA roughly translates as 'open land'. The central
idea for AVAMAA 2012 is to create a temporary "village" or camp we call
Moksville, out of affordable recyclable and locally sourced materials.
Like every village or temporary community we need to prepare the site,
develop a social atmosphere, range of activities that will give it life,
and then build the structures that will give it a physical form. For
this we are seeking Artists, Architects, Designers and Makers of all
types to participate.

The temporary Moksville will be constructed by five separate teams whose
projects are selected from an open submission call. Each team is
responsible for the design and construction of their own structure as
well as a defining a purpose for what their structure is used for. Each
team gets a standard KIT of building materials and tools to construct
their temporary structure. The final weekend of AVAMAA will be a full
time exhibition of all the structures and their function. The aim is
create the temporary village of Moksville out of unique architectural
structures each with a special purpose developed by its creators. The
submission deadline for project proposals is April 15th, 2012.
Selections will be made by May 1st, 2012.

you can also find more information about MoKS, our past symposiums,
festivals, and events, and our artist residency series, past, present,
and future (i'll think you'll see many names you recognise!).

hope to see you in moksville!

best,
patrick

--