[microsound-announce] Invisible Birds 005 : Lind, Raud, Aastaajad. Transparent Light, the Quality of Silence

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Thu Feb 9 05:04:55 EST 2012

hi folks! some blatant self-promotion. i'm very excited about this
release, i hope some of you are too. a taalem release just out as well:
<http://www.taalem.com/alm82.htm>

best,
patrick

-----

Invisible Birds is very proud to announce the release of:
/Lind, Raud, Aastaajad/
<http://invisiblebirds.org/catalogue/ib005.html>
a 2 CD set of Estonian recordings from three masters : *Yannick Dauby*,
*John Grzinich*, and *Murmer*.

Disc 1 - *Yannick Dauby* : /Lind, Raud/ - Songs of birds and metal,
recorded in Estonia in 2007.

Disc 2 - *Yannick Dauby, John Grzinich, and Murmer* : /Aastaajad/ -
field recordings by John Grzinich and Murmer, electronic sounds by
Yannick Dauby. Two tracks composed by John Grzinich, two tracks composed
by Patrick McGinley (aka Murmer).

Yannick Dauby mentions in his notes that, while in Estonia, John
Grzinich guided him through some of his most favorite recording
locations.  It is in these locations where he feels the artist “becomes
an instrument for the landscape”.

The /Lind, Raud, Aastaajad/ recordings perfectly evoke the connection
these three artists have to the landscape.  In specified locations and
seasons, they compose rich sounds from birds, metal, rain, snow,
footsteps, melodious wind, water trickles, and more.  The recordings
subtly ensconce the listener in a sublime and poetic “view” of the
landscape transforming itself.

This release, like our previous one, has been a while in the works and
we are very happy to finally put these out into the world.

Also available is our long play record *Ingenting Kollectiva* :
/Fragments of Night <http://invisiblebirds.org/catalogue/ib004.html>/.
Both releases are also available together at a slight discount *
<http://invisiblebirds.org/catalogue.html>.

thanks,
Diane & Matthew

--