[microsound-announce] [framework] playlist #327: 2011.05.01

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon May 2 07:41:18 EDT 2011

/*framework*/ - phonography / field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

/*framework*/ broadcasts:
     - sunday, 10pm, london, ukon *resonance 104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
     - wednesday, 1am, thessaloniki, gr on *cooradio*
(http://www.cooradio.com)
     - wednesday, 3am,lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 7pm,lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - friday, 1am, brussels, be on *radio campus 92.1fm*
(http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
     - saturday, 11am, new york state, us on *wgxc 90.7fm*
(http://www.wgxc.org)
     - saturday, 5pm, south devon, uk on*soundartradio 102.5fm*
(http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)

~ time zone converter:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html>~

*for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net *
*framework is supported by /soundtransit/: http://www.soundtransit.nl *

possible. visit out website to find out how to become a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here: http://www.frameworkradio.net/donate.
25% of all donations go to *resonancefm*, without whom /*framework*/
would not exist. (if you would like to donate directly to *resonancefm*
please visit their support page here: http://www.resonancefm.com/support.)
*
**PLUS, IN CELEBRATION OF FRAMEWORK'S 250TH EDITION, DONATE €25 OR MORE
AND RECEIVE ONE OF THE FRAMEWORK250 2CD COMPILATIONS, OR **€40 OR MORE
AND RECEIVE BOTH**!

*

*#327: 2011.05.01
*
a long list of generally untreated recordings this week, including
*martin hogg*'s own soundmap recordings, and *angela jimenez*' columbian
captures, all available for perusal online. meanwhile, a split release
on *siridisc* between *juan jos**é calarco* and *david wells*, and a
lovely self-release from *ben owen*, topped off with some mouth-watering
from *scott sherk*, and an intro by *ted versicolor*.

next week we begin a 3-edition series of /*framework:afield*/s produced
in the u.s. by *jim haynes* and featuring sounds from the /*activiating
the medium*/ festival. we're greatly looking forward to that! in the
meantime, we've recently been busy with a workshop in tallinn with our
good friend *udo noll*, some of the results of which you can see here:
http://aporee.org/maps/projects/hiddenbaltijaam. and i'm hitting you up
again: i hope and think you enjoy the show and appreciate it's
production, but our donation pool has largely dried up, and i count on
you, dear listener, to be able to keep going. *please, if you listen
regularly, consider making a donation, or signing up to make a regular
monthly contribution.* even €1 a month will help make a big difference
to the time i can dedicate to this project. if you like the show help us
out!

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated /*framework:afield*/ series. send proposals or
material, released or not, on any format, to the address below. if you
have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
tartu mnt 41
63710 ahja
polvamaa
estonia

info at frameworkradio.net

*(time  /  artist  /  track  /  album  /  label)*

00:00 - 05:39  /  nick weekes (aka ted versicolor)  /  framework
introduction
http://www.tedversicolor.co.uk

03:33 - 19:19  /  juan josé calarco  /  foce  /  foce  /  siridisc
http://www.myspace.com/juanjosecalarco, http://www.siridisc.blogspot.com

05:16 - 14:12  /  ben owen  /  two pipes  /  05012009 FP  / /[self-release]/
http://benowen.org

12:10 - 14:11  /  ángela jiménez  /  cartagena bolívar playa av
aeropuerto-centro  /  paisajes sonoros de columbia  /  etnosonica
http://etnosonicaradio.wordpress.com

14:03 - 16:23  /  martin hogg  /  gammlia, skiers passing by  /  -  /  -
http://www.acousticbaffle.co.uk

19:15 - 19:53  /  martin hogg  /  gammlia, bellows  /  -  /  -
http://www.acousticbaffle.co.uk

19:33 - 26:10  /  scott sherk  /  one delicious apple  /  -  /  -
http://www.thethirdbarn.org

22:27 - 26:11  /  ángela jiménez  / giron santander catedral arenga de
un mendigo en el portal  /  paisajes sonoros de columbia  /  etnosonica
http://etnosonicaradio.wordpress.com

23:55 - 30:20  /  ben owen  /  walk wind rain  /  05012009 FP  /
[self-release]
http://benowen.org

28:41 - 34:40  /  martin hogg  /  town square, umeå  /  -  /  -
http://www.acousticbaffle.co.uk

32:20 - 34:43  /  ángela jiménez  /  rio magdalena bolívar puerto la
bodega via magangue-mompox conversación sobre bebederos  /  paisajes
sonoros de columbia  /  etnosonica
http://etnosonicaradio.wordpress.com

33:04 - 53:11  /  david wells  /  foce  /  foce  /  siridisc
http://www.siridisc.co.uk/dw1.htm, http://www.siridisc.blogspot.com

39:30 - 55:26  /  ben owen  /  ceiling mid level  /  05012009 FP  /
[self-release]
http://benowen.org

43:19 - 53:16  /  martin hogg  /  gammlia, winter fayre  /  -  /  -
http://www.acousticbaffle.co.uk

46:18 - 53:05  /  ángela jiménez  /  mompoxbolivar paisaje sonoro
amanecer en el cementerio civil  /  paisajes sonoros de columbia  /
etnosonica
http://etnosonicaradio.wordpress.com

52:28 - 55:18  /  martin hogg  /  north sea, aboard the dina sirena  /
-  /  -
http://www.acousticbaffle.co.uk

55:04 - 57:00  /  martin hogg  /  race track pa system  /  -  /  -
http://www.acousticbaffle.co.uk

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
2)    record for /AT LEAST/ one minute before you -
3)    read aloud the following text:

*welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!*

*/[3b)  please also feel free to translate this text into your native
tongue!] /*

4)    continue your recording for /AT LEAST/ two minutes after you have
finished speaking
5)   post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3

thanks!