[microsound-announce] Non-Bio Boom Premiere - Musicircus for Xth Sense Biosensing Wearable Tech

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Mon Mar 14 11:36:01 EDT 2011

(sorry for x-post)

Dear all,
I'm glad to inform you about this event.
At the moment I'm artist in residence at Inspace, Edinburgh, developing a
site specific, multichannel and participatory work for 10 biosensing
wearable devices (Xth Sense).
The piece will be premiered tomorrow Tuesday along with my other work for
biosensing device Music for Flesh II; further info below.

~~~

Inspace is a laboratory that explores the cultural significance of
informatics and new media practice.
Inspace is home to a joint research partnership between the School of
Informatics and New Media Scotland.

Tuesday 15th March 2011, 7.30 for 8pm.
Inspace, 1 Crichton Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AB

As a part of our Non-Bio Boom season we are delighted to host a new work
development residency by Marco Donnarumma, with Brendan F Doyle (Production
Sound Engineering). The residency will conclude with two concerts over the
course of one evening for bio-sensing wearable technologies.

The first concert will include Music for Flesh II (http://bit.ly/etX0N1), a
new solo piece by Marco Donnarumma; the second concert will be the premiere
of a multi-channel work specifically created by the artist for Inspace,
which will actively involve the audience in an augmented Cagean Musicircus.

Admission free, but on-line booking is required:
http://xthsense.eventbrite.com/

Xth Sense is an ongoing research project which investigates experimental
applications of Open Source based, bio-sensing technologies for musical
performance and responsive milieux.
The Xth Sense software framework is implemented in Pd.

Further information: http://res.marcodonnarumma.com/projects/xth-sense/

Marco Donnarumma is a performer, new media and sonic artist currently
interested in critical analysis and development of experimental paradigms
for embodied interaction in performative environments.
http://marcodonnarumma.com

~~~

Best wishes,

--
Marco Donnarumma
Independent New Media and Sonic Arts Professional, Performer, Instructor