[microsound-announce] DEKORDER///NEWS///06.2011

Dekorder m at dekorder.com
Fri Jun 24 09:42:13 EDT 2011

SPECIAL OFFER: If you decide to order all 4 new
releases at once they are only EUR 50.00
including worldwide shipping costs (you're saving
EUR 16.00 if you're overseas and EUR 11.00 if
you're in Europe)!!! This offer is only valid as
long as we have all 4 new releases in stock
(which won't be very long)!

---

1. OUT NOW:

STEPHAN MATHIEU "To Describe George Washington Bridge" 10" (Edition of 500)

"To Describe George Washington Bridge" is Stephan
Mathieu's 2nd Dekorder release in the 10" format
(reflecting his interest in old 78rpm records)
after 2009's sold out "The Key to the Kingdom",
and, we're happy to say, again it features two of
the composer's most outstanding short pieces.
Both are recorded utilizing similar methods  as
used on his most recent album "A Static Place" on
12K Records yet they are presented in an even
more condensed and melodic way. As source
material he used transcriptions made from the
marvelous 25x 12inch 78rpm set G.F. Händel.
"Twelve Concerti Grossi" performed by the Busch
Chamber Players in 1946, and a Columbia 10"
record from 1912 with Händel's usual smash hits
from "Messiah".

---

KEITH FULLERTON WHITMAN / ALIEN RADIO Split-LP (few copies left!)

We are stoked and honoured to release this
Deutsch-Amerikanische meeting of two Meisters of
the Modular Electronic Music System (originally
invented by Don Buchla in 1963 for the likes of
Morton Subotnick, Ramon Sender, Terry Riley et al
at the San Francisco Tape Music Center). Both are
presenting very distinct approaches displaying
the vast possibilities of the machine yet
maintaining similar Klang aesthetics (and maximum
quality).

KFW is a renowned master of the Modular,
especially in live situations. "101105" is
Whitman captured at his most symphonic. Recorded
last year at one of the semi-monthly "The Bunker"
parties in Brooklyn opening for members of
Ectomorph he sent the audience (all high on LSD)
straight into sawtooth arpeggio heaven. "101105"
is a condensed edit of these recordings, cut on
45rpm for maximum fidelity.
KFW has released records on a myriad of labels,
most notably on Kranky and Planet µ (under his
Hrvatski pseudonym). Last year's (vinyl-only)
album "Disingenuity b/w Disingenuousness" on Pan
made it into many year-end Top 10 lists,
including The Wire and Boomkat. This year Whitman
has been commissioned a residency at GRM studios
to work on a piece for François Bayle's original
80-channel acousmonium!

Alien Radio is one of many aliases of Northern
Germany's Ulf Schütte, a (part-time) member of
Datashock, Black To Comm, Aosuke, Phantom Horse,
etc. and founder of the Tape Tektoniks cassette
label. His recent Modular System explorations
showcase a more basic, sketchy and song-based
approach, reminding of Jan Jelinek's Ursula
Bogner recordings and having been compared to the
likes of Conny Planck, Delia Derbyshire and Dick
Raaijmakers. His debut release was a split 7" on
the Belgian Kraak label with Köhn, Ducktails and
Peaking Lights.

---

ALEXANDER RISHAUG "Shadow Of Events" LP (finally
out on vinyl in an edition of 300)

Rishaug's music is informed by classic minimal
composers such as Steve Reich and Terry Riley as
well as 90's electronica acts such as the
Oval/Microstoria axis and like-minded but more
obscure artists associated with the Mille
Plateaux label (remember Neina?) but surely
wouldn't be out of place on a contemporary label
like Kranky or Type.

Repetitive and seemingly simple melodic patterns
are combined with (and sometimes obscured by)
decaying monlithic drone layers creating a hazy
melancholic landscape slowly unfolding its
beauty. Granular shoegazy tones are building up
in slow-motion recalling the patient yet precise
and complex drone works of Stephan Mathieu,
William Basinski and Machinefabriek's Dauw album.

"A contender for album of the year status in my
opinion; truly engaging and explorative, this is
a refined and immersive work." (Future Sequence)

"Shadow Of Events ist jetzt bereits das Ambient
Album des Jahres 2011!" (Auf Abwegen)

---

DATASHOCK "Pyramiden Von Gießen" 2LP (few copies left!)

"Oo what's this be-gatefolded Kraut-outing I see
before me emblazoned with manicdotes and universe
of seemingly some other lost time, its colossal
sonic ooze ritualizing our cranials and
Dynorodding our deepest secret fears, then? Hell,
it's PYRAMIDEN VON GIEßEN, the fucking brand new
German double-vinyl epic commune sprawl from
Berlin/Hamburg ensemble Datashock, and it's a
splendidly righteous motherfucker with futuristic
lobes for pointy-headed people.

Don't know what they put in the wasser during
this Datashock sesh, but it kicks Balzac in the
ballsac and I want some now or a tantric tantrum
approacheth. Kiddies, you doshed enuff this month
for just one purchase, perchance, then make sure
you buy THIS motherfucker, got me? You're on the
dole you, you NEED new music it's this one. Why?
Because not only comes its sound from the bowels
of the fucking Absolute, but it's all housed &
decorated like these visionary motherfuckers
truly CARE! So grab your bargain by rushing to
Dekorder Records' website at dekorder.com, or
hassle those beasts themselves at
myspace.com/datashock."
(JULIAN COPE)

---

2. FORTHCOMING RELEASES:

[055] ASTRAL SOCIAL CLUB "Generator Breaker" LP
[056] MACHINEFABRIEK & GARETH DAVIES "Ghost Lanes" LP
[057] XELA "The Sublime" LP
[058] SCULPTURE "Toad Blinker" Picture-Disc LP

--
http://www.dekorder.com
http://www.blacktocomm.org