[microsound-announce] Spectral Influence exhibition by Will Schrimshaw

Jake Harries jakeharries at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 07:33:46 EST 2011

Hi
This is a visual art exhibition but it might interest some of you.

Cheers
Jake
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Spectral Influence

Sound artist Will Schrimshaw is Access Space Artist in Residence
throughout this month
His project, Spectral Influence, aims to explore the way in which the
noises and lighting of the city we occupy influences our movements and
emotional relations with urban space and the others we share this
space with.

The exhibition will preview in the Access Space foyer on Friday 28th
Jan, 5.50-8.00pm and run until the 5th March 2011.
Facebook event: http://tinyurl.com/6g4fy6g

Urban environments constantly emit vibrational forces that affect the
bodies of their occupants, whether these be auditory or
electromagnetic forces, asserting a subliminal influence upon the
movements, physiological and emotional states of citizens. In response
to these diverse vibrational influences, a spectral mapping of the
city is being carried out in relation to the human bodies that
populate it and move throughout it. Spectral Influence aims to
establish a speculative and roaming research environment through
artistic practice and the use of 'open source' tools, insinuating
itself into the city and charting the invisible yet influential
components of the landscape.

http://willschrimshaw.net

Jake Harries
Digital Arts Programme Manager