[microsound-announce] Fwd: SoundFjord | Tottenham and Beyond Fundraiser

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Fri Aug 12 12:56:37 EDT 2011

Hi there,

After the disturbances across London and the UK last week, specifically
erupting just a walk away in our own borough, Haringey, we would like to
help our local and extended community get back on it's feet.
So SoundFjord is going to organise a gig/event/concert to benefit those
that have been affected by the conflagrations, looting and vandalism
that took place last weekend.
I think an eclectic mix of performances and perhaps even a AV screening
or two might be nice, so I'm writing to you all to ask if you might be
interested in helping out, either by performing at the event, helping us
produce the event, or simply promoting such an event once I've found a
suitable venue? Of course, all monies will go towards the fundraiser, so
I am looking for volunteers on this occasion!
Alternatively, some of you may have merchandise that you are happy to
donate, or maybe you can bake sweet and savoury delights that we could
sell on to raise funds for the cause. We'd really appreciate that too! :)
Do let me know as soon as possible if you are interested in helping out
in any way, and around over the next few weeks. And if you know of
anyone else who may wish get involved do put them in touch !
With regards,
Helen

*Sound*/*Fjor*//*d */
/