[microsound-announce] [framework] playlist #324: 2011.04.10

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Apr 11 05:49:54 EDT 2011

/*framework*/ - phonography / field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

/*framework*/ broadcasts:
     - sunday, 10pm, london, ukon *resonance 104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
     - wednesday, 1am, thessaloniki, gr on *cooradio*
(http://www.cooradio.com)
     - wednesday, 3am,lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - thursday, 7pm,lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
     - friday, 1am, brussels, be on *radio campus 92.1fm*
(http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
     - saturday, 11am, new york state, us on *wgxc 90.7fm*
(http://www.wgxc.org)
     - saturday, 5pm, south devon, uk on*soundartradio 102.5fm*
(http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)

~ time zone converter:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
<http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html>~

*for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net *
*framework is supported by /soundtransit/: http://www.soundtransit.nl *

possible. visit out website to find out how to become a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here: http://www.murmerings.com/donate.html.
25% of all donations go to *resonancefm*, without whom /*framework*/
would not exist. (if you would like to donate directly to *resonancefm*
please visit their support page here: http://www.resonancefm.com/support.)
*
**PLUS, IN CELEBRATION OF FRAMEWORK'S 250TH EDITION, DONATE €25 OR MORE
AND RECEIVE ONE OF THE FRAMEWORK250 2CD COMPILATIONS, OR **€40 OR MORE
AND RECEIVE BOTH**!

*

*#324: 2011.04.10
*
after a few weeks off, welcome back to new /*framework*/ programming!
before we get to the show, a version of my semi-regular plea:

/*framework*/ has been running for almost 9 years - this is our 324th
show. as you can imagine, this production takes a huge chunk of my time.
we receive no financial support from any institution, radio station, or
arts funding body. only from /YOU/, dear listener. in order for
/*framework*/ to be able to continue into the future, it /MUST/ be able
to cover its costs (studio, resources, hours, rent). the support from
listeners with the appearance on the /*framework250*/ cds early last
year was great, and we really appreciate it. but since then things have
really dropped off, and, aside for a handful of dedicated subscribers
(you know who you are!) donations have almost completely stopped. there
will be another cd release coming up this summer for you to sink you
ears into, but in the meantime, /*PLEASE*/ consider donating and helping
to keep us on the air. if you are a regular listener (and we know that
many, many of you are) consider making a regular monthly donation via
the subscription buttons on our website. you can contribute as little as
€1 a month! if everyone who automatically downloads our podcast every
week would contribute €1 a month, i would never, ever have to waste
playlist space with this plea again.

so the short version: *please show us you love us and donate to keep
/framework/ on the air!*

now on to the show: this week's edition of /*framework:afield*/ has been
produced in portugal by *rui costa* on behalf of *binaural media*:

    /*Around the River Bend*/

    /This radio piece was edited from a variety of sound sources and
    compositions created for or recorded at Paivascapes #1 - Paiva River
    Sound Festival. This festival took place between March 4th and 8th
    of 2011 in various locations along the Paiva River, in Northern
    Portugal, and included a program of sound installations,
    performances, video screenings and conferences dedicated to the
    exploration of riverside locations and communities through sound and
    multimedia art. Following Patrick's invitation to dedicate a
    Framework radio show to the festival, Binaural/Nodar asked everyone
    that was part of Paivascapes to send a sound excerpt related in some
    way to the festival. The resulting piece features a variety of
    locations, times of day, seasons, and contexts including recordings
    of the festival performances, source material collected by the
    artists for their sound and audiovisual installations, sound clips
    included in Binaural/Nodar's Paiva River Sound Mapping project,
    spontaneous recordings of social gatherings during the festival, and
    improvisations made by children inspired by the river soundscapes or
    by the names of the places where the festival happened. The
    resulting piece offers an aural window into a unique experience, and
    serves as a tribute to those who made it possible, whether artists
    or production team or audience.

    Edited by Rui Costa (Binaural/Nodar)/ /

    Source material performed, composed or recorded by:/ /
    Anna Hints, Charles Stankievech, Duncan Whitley, Ignaz Schick, Jez
    riley French, Lasse-Marc Riek, Luís Costa, Maile Colbert, Manuela
    Barile, Marc Behrens, Marja-Liisa Plats, Patrick McGinley, Phill
    Niblock, Rui Costa, Samuel Barile Costa, Students of Canelas Primary
    School, Tiago Carvalho

    http://www.binauralmedia.org/ /
    /

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions. we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated /*framework:afield*/ series. send proposals or
material, released or not, on any format, to the address below. if you
have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
tartu mnt 41
63710 ahja
polvamaa
estonia

info at frameworkradio.net

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
2)    record for /AT LEAST/ one minute before you -
3)    read aloud the following text:

*welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!*

*/[3b)  please also feel free to translate this text into your native
tongue!] /*

4)    continue your recording for /AT LEAST/ two minutes after you have
finished speaking
5)   post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3

thanks!