[microsound-announce] Deadline extended - Call for audio and audio-visual performers using FLOSS and recycled technology

Jake Harries jakeharries at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 12:42:37 EDT 2010

Hi

Deadline extended to 2nd July for 23rd July event

We're looking for audio and audio-visual artists to perform at a
couple of small live sonic art events at Access Space this year. We're
particularly interested in artists who use FLOSS audio and video tools
under Linux with recycled technology, and who are resident in and
around South Yorkshire.

**Please note that we will pay a fee of £75 per performance and there
is a small budget toward travel,  and while this call doesn't
automatically exclude people from outside this area, we feel it may
suite those residing closer to us**

Unusual approaches to diffusion and sound generation e.g. using
recycled computer speakers, are welcome!

Our first event will be on the Friday 23rd of July, the second on 29th
of October, and run 6pm-8.30pm.

If you are interested in the first event please email an example of
your work no larger than 7 Mb or a link to a media file, a description
of your proposed performance and any technical requirements to
jake at access-space.org by 2nd of July 2010.

For the second event please contact us by the 31st of July 2010.

Please forward this email to anyone you think might be interested.

Access Space is an unusual venue for events of this kind as it is an
open access media lab during the day and the technology available is
all donated or recycled.

About Access Space:
Based in Sheffield city centre, Access Space is the UK's longest
running open access media lab. We have been using Open Source Software
and recycled computers to develop creativity, community, skills and
resourcefulness for almost ten years.
We're a place for skill sharing, artistic endeavour, creative
expression and collective knowledge. Access Space has also recently
announced plans for a DIY FabLab.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Jake Harries
Digital Arts Programme Manager
ACCESS SPACE
Unit 1, AVEC Building
3-7  Sidney St
Sheffield, S1 4RG, UK
t: +44 (0) 114 249 5522
w: www.access-space.org
Reg. Charity 1103837
Supported by the National Lottery through the Arts Council England.