[microsound-announce] “plug & play sensors + puredata workshop”

julian percy julian.percy at gmx.de
Fri Jun 4 13:03:16 EDT 2010

Friday 18th/19th June 2010
“plug & play sensors + puredata workshop”

This workshop it´s an introduction to the world of the analog sensors (light, infrared, ultrasonic, accelerometer)
used to control audio, video, midi applications and also interactive installations.

we will use the “minitronics” board in order to comunicate with the computer because it´s cheap, plug&play, multiplatform and it doesn´t require any extra knowledge to use it.

we will construct during the first day a “basic” sensor controller with a pair of light sensors and a pair of potentiometers.

during the second day, I will explain the different interfacing possibilities with many different softwares and also I will give and explain some puredata patches ready to “work”. (all platforms)

DAy1:

Introduction
examples of applications with sensors
crash course electricity / safety..
how to connect the sensors to the board
soldering intro / alternatives to soldering
Hands on…..

DAy 2

how to send midi to any standard midi application.
Puredata introduction
how to scale data from the sensors
how to “clean” data from the sensors.
audio basics in pd (foto-theremin, sampler-scratching.. )
video basics in pd.
personal requests,,,,

more info here: —————–>>>>> http://minitronics.net/?page_id=98

and here—> http://minitronics.net/?p=60

more: ————————

If anybody it´s interested in using more / other sensors, they can be purchased apart. In minitronics.net there´s some extra information and links.

The only piece that I will not supply it´s the enclosure for the project. An empty cd-spindle box it´s perfect to make it, also an empty vhs plastic box or even a dvd case (the big/elastic ones).

I will bring tools to make holes & cut & peel & solder, but more tools are always welcome..

If anybody has questions, I will be happy to respond it info at minitronics.net

Schedule for Workshop: June 2010

18: 14:00 – 19:00

19: 14:00 – 19:00

Workshop Location: @ NK Elsenstr. 52 2HH 2Etage 12059 Berlin

Participation is limited to 20 participants.

Registration: Pre-registration is required and can be done by sending an email to info at nkprojekt.de

Fee: 60€ (sensors + minia board included)

--

NK PROJEKT
http://www.nkprojekt.de/

JULIAN PERCY