[microsound-announce] ( nula ) new filecast: 2455207 for strings, 13 minutes.

ll at detritus.net ll at detritus.net
Sun Jan 10 05:12:45 EST 2010

# 2455207 for strings

here is a new version of a work created two years ago as part of a
commission from czech radio. it was while working on the earlier
version that we arrived at the idea for the nula project. it is
offered here with our best wishes for the new decade. (thanks to
r(a)dio(custica) and john heck.)

link: http://nula.cc/55207

# 2455166 edge case

optical sound, such as that found along the length and at the very edge
of old films, is paradoxical. it is sound that you can see. and, of
course, you can hear it, too, along with the blemishes that time and use
wreak on aging acetate. here we explore this fascination in some depth.

link: http://nula.cc/55166

# feedback, contribution

mystahr uses '55147 twelve o'clock' and makes a new piece out of it.

link: http://www.mystahr.com/Music/Buuum.mp3

# nula pingbacks on twitter

these sites have linked to nula.cc and may be of interest to
recipients of this e-mailing. all pingbacks appear on twitter soon
after they are discovered in our server logs.

-	http://dkfrf.wordpress.com/
-	http://ntnsradio.wordpress.com/2009/12/10/behold/
-	http://modisti.com/news/?p=19136

link: http://www.twitter.com/nulacc

# available filecasts

-	55207 for strings. composition, mp3, 13 minutes.
-	55166 edge case. sound collage, mp3, 15 minutes.
-	55147 twelve o'clock. sound collage, mp3, 14 minutes.
-	55132 day train. field recording, mp3, 14 minutes.
-	55114 someplace else. slide show, pdf or www, 128 images.
-	55095 abylai. found recording from kazakhstan, mp3, 16 minutes.
-	55083 in three. collage of field recordings, mp3, 15 minutes.
-	55060 night train. field recording, mp3, 13 minutes.
-	55049 underground. video, mp4, 7 minutes.
-	55033 forty. sound collage, mp3, 14 minutes.
-	55017 rather sad. composition, mp3, 15 minutes.
-	55005 on air. collage of field and found, mp3, 16 minutes.

link: http://nula.cc/newer

# interact with nula

- 	send an email to editor at nula.cc or info at nula.cc
- 	subscribe to the nula rss feed: http://nula.cc/xml.xml
- 	follow nula on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nulacc
- 	show your support for nula: http://www.cafepress.com/nula
- 	subscribe to nula filecasts in itunes: http://bit.ly/btUqM

nula welcomes comments from visitors. comments are moderated.
send your comments about this filecast or anything about nula
to: comment at nula.cc

# pass it on

please feel free to pass this announcement on to anyone you think
might be interested in it.

# unsubscribe

if you wish to unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
unsubscribe at nula.cc