[microsound-announce] Happy New SB! "Y've got the music in ya"

HarS' Sound Chronicles hars7 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 1 12:13:41 EST 2010

In a recent book aimed at a general public, Dutch music cognition pioneer
Henkjan Honing presents current scientific evidence for the thesis that the
basic cognitive skills that we put to work when perceiving and reacting to music
are innate, rather than skills that we acquire through learning.

Such findings are of obvious interest also within the (maybe) more general context of
'sound art', 'phonography', etc ...

Once again, this is a pretty long post. But I'm sure you will find it worth your
while ... It'll kick-start you off into the new decade with a bit of rhythm and
some auditory perspective.
And ("the way I see it, Barry ...") about how one day long gone we landed within
time.
Music is here to remind us...

Have a great year!
Harold Schellinx