[microsound-announce] my first solo album is now for sale thru the great Beta Lactam Ring Records

Philippe-Petit Philippe-Petit at wanadoo.fr
Wed Sep 23 11:40:13 EDT 2009

hello
hope that this message finds you well
over here pleased to announce that my first solo album is now for sale
thru the great Beta Lactam Ring Records.
"HENRY: THE IRON MAN" is an hommage to my 2 favourite movies "Tetsuo:
The Iron Man" (Shinya Tsukamoto) and "Eraserhead" (David Lynch). My
idea was to soundtrack the grotesque mutation of Henry Spencer into an
"Iron Man". I decided to manipulate and take advantage of the vinyl
material to fondle crackles and released noises, to process textures
and their resonances into vertiginous travellings of sound ; conjuring
up flashes of disturbing black & white grainy sounds, behind-the-
scenes close-ups, rapid nightmarish stop-motion effects...
Feel free to come listen to a song in My Space player:

www.myspace.com/philippepetit

or 3 extracts and order there:

http://www.blrrecords.com/

Last month I enjoyed an amazing time in Schiphorst @ Avant-Garde, a
festival organised by members from Faust.
Rarely had I encountered such a nice family-like atmosphere. There I
had a great gig in duo with James Johnston. Some shortclips can be
watched there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3ZJXXG6TlY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71nrweljci8

Jzmes Johnston & Philippe Petit 's "Fiend With A Face" is available on
Dirter:
http://www.dirter.co.uk/news.html

And distros or stores can order from Cargo UK
http://www.cargorecords.co.uk/artist/4568

Also had a fine time in Berlin, thanx to good friend Markus Detmer
from the mighty Staubgold records who organised a gig for me.
Here a souvenir, actually I was joined onstage by Schneider TM, the UK
band Vultures and Post Abortion Stress from USA.  7 of us onstage...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=63223254

thanx for your attention
philippe