[microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 20.09.09 (#250!)

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Mon Sep 21 14:37:53 EDT 2009

/*framework*/ - phonography / field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

/*framework*/ broadcasts:
    - sunday, 10pm, london, uk on *resonance 104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
    - tuesday, 2pm, london, uk on *resonance 104.4fm*
(http://www.resonancefm.com)
    - wednesday, 12am, thessaloniki, gr on *cooradio*
(http://www.cooradio.com)
    - wednesday, 3am, lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
    - thursday, 7pm, lisbon, pt on *radio zero* (http://www.radiozero.pt)
    - friday, 1am, brussels, be on *radio campus 92.1fm*
(http://www.radiocampusbruxelles.org)
    - saturday, 5pm, south devon, uk on *soundartradio 102.5fm*
(http://www.soundartradio.org.uk)

~ time zone converter:  http://thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

*for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition
at any time: http://www.frameworkradio.net *
*framework is supported by /soundtransit/: http://www.soundtransit.nl *

possible.  visit out website to find out how to become a regular donor,
or make a one-time donation here: http://www.murmerings.com/donate.  25%
of all donations go to *resonancefm*, without whom /*framework*/ would
not exist. (if you would like to donate directly to *resonancefm* please
visit their support page here: http://www.resonancefm.com/support.)
*
PLUS, IN CELEBRATION OF FRAMEWORK'S 250TH EDITION, DONATE €25 OR MORE
AND RECEIVE A COPY OF THE FRAMEWORK250 2CD COMPILATION! (shipping
december, 2009)*

*20.09.09 (#250!)

*so - we made it!  *this is /framework/'s 250th edition! * what more
need be said?  in this edition we took a look back at our very first
broadcast, including some (rather embarrassing) introductions to the
theme of the show by me and my original cohost *joel stern*, and a
rebroadcast of our first every live on-air performance, performed over
the phone by *romuald wadych*.

the rest of this edition, after the first ever framework introduction by
yours truly, was made up of exclusive new tracks, sent to us by regular
/*framework*/ contributors, in celebration of our landmark.  as i've now
explained several times, but will once again refuse to shut up about:
there are many more of these tracks to come; we'll be airing them all
over the next several shows, and once they've all aired, we'll be
releasing them (or as many of them as will fit on 2 cds) as a
/*framework250*/ celebratory double cd compilation, in handmade,
silk-screened, origami packaging.  the compilation will only be
available directly through framework, and will be sent as a thank-you to
anyone who donates €25 or more through the framework website.  so help
us celebrate this landmark, visit http://www.frameworkradio.net, donate,
and reserve yourself a copy of the comp (shipping in december)!

lastly, you'll note below that yet again, */framework/ has a new
address*.  i am currently amidst travels in the northeastern united
states (see my personal website, http://www.murmerings.com, for details
on my gigs and activities) , but upon returning to europe i will at long
last be relocating permanently to estonia.  if you've recently sent
something to my french address, fear not, it will make it into my hands,
but from this point on the new estonian address below will be the one to
use.  so, go on, send me stuff!

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not,
on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please
don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
tartu mnt 41
63710 ahja
polva maakond
estonia

info at frameworkradio.net

*(time  /  artist  /  track  /  album  /  label)*

00:00 - 02:50  /  patrick mcginley  /  framework introduction
http://www.murmerings.com

01:58 - 11:59  /  jeph jerman  /  insects in bamboo  /  framework250  /
framework editions
http://www.jerman.littleenjoyer.com

06:43 - 17:35  /  ben owen  /  walking, etc  /  framework250  /
framework editions
http://www.benowen.org

09:48 - 14:05  /  joel stern & patrick mcginley  /  framework's 1st
moments  /  -  /  -
http://www.abjectleader.org, http://www.murmerings.com

11:22 - 20:35  /  jonathan coleclough  /  chamber perruel  /
framework250  /  framework editions
http://www.coleclough.plus.com

17:42 - 24:45  /  hitoshi kojo  /  perruel  /  framework250  /
framework editions
http://www.octpia.com

24:22 - 28:37  /  simon whetham  /  eestitreecreak  /  framework250  /
framework editions
http://www.simonwhetham.co.uk

25:32 - 35:32  /  jez riley french  /  instamatic #5 - building 14  /
framework250  /  framework editions
http://jezrileyfrench.blogspot.com

34:34 - 49:52  /  romuald wadych  /  live on framework, 14.06.02  /  -  /  -
http://www.myspace.com/romualdwadych

49:51 - 57:00  /  cedric peyronnet  /  kdi dctb 146 [i]  /
framework250  /  framework edtions
http://www.ingeos.org

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recorder to a location of your choice
2)    record for /AT LEAST/ one minute before you -
3)    read aloud the following text:

*welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!*

*/[3b)  please also feel free to translate this text into your native
tongue!] /*

4)    continue your recording for /AT LEAST/ two minutes after you have
finished speaking
5)   post the recording to us on any format, or send us an mp3

thanks!