[microsound-announce] NYC, 10/21 - Patrick McGinley Sound Workshop

. m u r m e r . murmer at murmerings.com
Sat Oct 17 12:29:12 EDT 2009

hi folks,

i'm giving a one-day workshop organised by issue at the can factory in
new york city next week - please forward this on if you know anyone who
might be interested!

best,
patrick

-------------

organiser's announcment:

    10/21 - Patrick McGinley Sound Workshop @ Issue Project Room 1-5 pm

Dear Friend:

I am pleased to announce that Patrick McGinley my esteemed colleague in
sound and Framework Radio
<http://murmer.soundtransit.nl/radio.html>producer/host will be running
a one-day version of his "revenant:sound
<http://www.revenantsound.net/>" workshop at Issue Project Room
<http://issueprojectroom.org/2009/09/08/patrick-mcginley-sound-workshop/>
on October 21 from 1-5 pm. Please see below for more details and reserve
your place in this fantastic, ear-opening workshop now!!!

Description of the workshop from Patrick McGinley:

revenant:sound

In this one-day workshop we will explore sound as a transmitter of
nonverbal information. We will focus on sound’s ability to
define/describe space, and on our ability to resonate, alter, or create
space by using sound.

‘revenant:sound’ is a project that focuses on improvised sonic
activities in site specific locations. Voices are given to these spaces
by producing sound using only objects found in-situ and the space
itself. Participants will focus on a development of attentive listening
and the ability to successfully participate in group explorations, while
learning to find sonic potentials in everyday materials. Revenant
derives its name from a concept of spatial memory, or, more
specifically, from the long-term gestural memory of space; the ability
of a location to retain an imprint or trace of activity or energy that
has been present therein.

Participants are asked to bring one (non-musical) object from their
living space, whose sonic potentials we will explore as a group.

Buy Tickets <https://www.ovationtix.com/trs/pe/7556595> | Admission: $25

Click to Share on Facebook and other sites
<http://www.addtoany.com/share_save?sitename=ISSUE%20Project%20Room&siteurl=http%3A%2F%2Fissueprojectroom.org%2F&linkname=Patrick%20McGinley%20Sound%20Workshop&linkurl=http%3A%2F%2Fissueprojectroom.org%2F2009%2F09%2F08%2Fpatrick-mcginley-sound-workshop%2F>

ISSUE PROJECT ROOM
The (OA) Can Factory
232 3rd Street,
3rd Floor