[microsound-announce] 1 Day Workshop/Introduction to the Software Usine by Senso
andrecastro at c-e-m.org
Mon Nov 30 03:34:29 EST 2009
Saturday, Jenuary the 30th 2010
1 Day Workshop/Introduction to the Software Usine by Senso
Usine is a universal audio software especially designed for live or studio utilisation. Usine is made by musicians and audio engineers to respond to their specific problems in a lot of domains like live sampling, effect processing or sound designing. Usine is a real musical instrument, flexible and powerful if you like to transform, resample the sound on stage, improvise and create unusual effect.
The workshop gives an introduction to the concept of Usine and Shows how to build your own workspace for live situation:
- Introduction to the concept and user interface of Usine
- Global setup
- Patches creation with various examples :
* Recording of external audio sources .
* How to play and control sounds (use of sampler / rack of effects…)
* Possibilities of sound editing/ routing : filters, effects, analysis, automations, lfo, random, etc.
- Use VST Plug-ins (effects and instruments, piano roll…)
- Manipulate midi, audio, data flux via buses.
- Control Usine patches with MIDI controllers.
- Introduction to the sequencer.
- Create your own user interface for live situation.
- Saving patches, complete workspaces, and configurations.
- Alternative input devices ( Wii mote , joystick, ( demo of v5 video tracking )
- Future of Usine ( version 5 )
Each participant will go back with all exercises we have done in the workshop at the end of the day. (Via usb key or ftp)
The workshop will be held in English.
Teacher: Nay-seven has help Usine users on the official forum since 2 years now
Timetable: 10:00-12:30 < lunch break > 13:30 18:00
Final live set 18.00_22:00
Participation fee: 20 Euros
Location: NK / Elsen Str. 52 (2. Hof) 2. Etage 12059 Berlin, DE
More information about the microsound-announce