[microsound-announce] latest moves

Philippe Petit philippe-petit at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jun 19 04:44:59 EDT 2009

howdy everybody
been a while since I last e-mailed so I'll try to sum up some recent
happenings of importance...

just placed 2 new songs on My Space part of my newer series
compositions for "strings" instruments and featuring electric harp,
viola, strohviolin, cello, vibraphone and yours manipulating field
recordings/electronics + turntables & broken pieces of glass
hope you will enjoy:

http://www.myspace.com/philippepetit

At long last my first solo album is now released on the great US
label: Beta Lactam Ring Records
http://www.blrrecords.com/prod/2023/henry_the_iron_man.html

I am thrilled to appear on a compilation documenting the best of
Contemporary installations/sound art festival Citysonics, from Belgium
http://www.citysonics.be/

Also a pleasure to be on a collection released by Swiss label : Trepok
http://www.trepok.com/microsite/microsite.html

gigging with Lydia Lunch went really well and our next moves will be
in France:

July 03 @ Megaphone festival in Dijon
http://www.festivalmegaphone.com/

July 17 Juillet MIMI festival, on Frioul island, off the coast of
Marseille
http://www.amicentre.biz/spip.php?rubrique41

Strings Of Consciousness is appearing on the "Whale Music Remixed"
compilation of remixes from the works of David Rothenberg, alongside
such acts as Ligeti, DJ Spooky, Scanner, Mira Calix, Francisco Lopez...
http://cdbaby.com/cd/davidrothenberg3

my collaboration with James Johnston (from legendary Gallon Drunk,
Faust, Bad Seeds) can be heard there:
http://www.myspace.com/jjandpp

enough to digest for now, have a nice listen
philippe

philippe

www.myspace.com/philippepetit
http://www.myspace.com/lunchp