[microsound-announce] Sound + Science Symposium 2009

Tyler Adams tadams at calarts.edu
Sat Jan 31 14:55:53 EST 2009

Hello,

I would like to invite you to the upcoming Sound + Science Symposium
at UCLA (see our website for complete details).  Please feel free to
forward this to all interested parties and I look forward to seeing
you there!

Tyler Adams
UCLA
Art|Sci Center
http://artsci.ucla.edu/sound/

SOUND + SCIENCE SYMPOSIUM
UCLA CNSI Auditorium
March 5 + 6 2009 10am-9pm
http://artsci.ucla.edu/sound/
Free and open to the public!

The UCLA Art | Sci Center + Lab and the University of California
Digital Arts Research Network (UCDARnet) proudly announces the Sound +
Science Symposium, a two-day event bringing together leading figures
from a variety of disciplines to discuss scientific research and
technological breakthroughs concerned with sound and their
applications and implications in relation to questions of culture,
politics, history, environment, art and music.

The Sound + Science Symposium will take place Thursday, March 5 and
Friday, March 6, at UCLA's California NanoSystems Institute (CNSI)
Auditorium and will include presentations, film screenings,
discussions, and social gatherings.  All events are free to the public
- Parking is $9 all day, available near CNSI in structure 9, adjacent
to the building.  For a complete schedule of events and list of
speakers, please visit our website:  http://artsci.ucla.edu/sound/

OPEN CALL FOR SOUND/VIDEO WORKS
Deadline Feb 20, 2009.

The Sound + Science Symposium is also seeking works for sound or video
related to the spirit and theme of the symposium.  Works can range
from scientific demonstrations to musical compositions, from
sonification/audification examples to field recordings or soundscapes.
Selected works will be exhibited at public listening/viewing stations
at UCLA.

For each submission, please complete the form below and send to
tadams at ucla.edu by Feb 20th.  E-mail is preferred but snail mail
submissions may be sent to:

UCLA Art | Science Center
ATTN: Sound Symposium