[microsound-announce] Reminder: [Call for Papers] Outside the Box: Practice, Participation & Method in Live Electronic Music

Owen Green owen at owengreen.net
Sat Aug 22 07:01:02 EDT 2009

With apologies for cross-posting.

The submission deadline is just over a week away (30th).

Many thanks,
Owen

Call For Papers:

Outside the Box: Practice, Participation & Method in Live Electronic Music

16th November, 2009, City University London

Conference convenor: Owen Green (research student, City University London)

Outside the Box is a one-day postgraduate conference at City University
London, featuring paper sessions, a workshop, keynote speaker Leigh
Landy, and an evening concert of live electronic music.

Postgraduate researchers working in live electronics, from any
perspective, are encouraged to submit abstracts for 20 minute
presentations (see below for details).

The conference aims to gather together postgraduate researchers in Live
Electronic Music and allied disciplines to explore   discursively issues
and challenges around practice-led research in this area.

Given the breadth and diffuseness of activities involved in making and
researching Live Electronic Music:

How do we communicate about our practices to each other, either
musically or verbally? Are we sure ourselves of what they are? Does this
affect our ability to collaborate? How do we establish robust research
methods than can account adequately for what we do and experience?

We invite proposals for 20 minute presentations, to be submitted by 30th
August 2009.

Please see <http://www.city.ac.uk/music/research/outside_the_box.html>
for details on submission, conference themes and sessions.

Outside the Box... is funded by City University London, the University
of Edinburgh and the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) Beyond
Text scheme.

<http://www.city.ac.uk/music/>
<http://www.ahrc.ac.uk>
<http://www.beyondtext.ac.uk>