[microsound-announce] SB :: A Block with a Name

HarS' Sound Chronicles hars7 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 3 04:51:46 EDT 2009

SoundBlog :: April 1st, 2009 [#300]
A BLOCK WITH A NAME

When I hopped over from Amsterdam to Maastricht for the weekend starting on friday march 20th, I forgot to bring my toothbrush. As a result I discovered the inside of the brand new suburban MFA, Centre Manjefiek Malberg, also home to the Tijdverkijker, an interesting interactive video installation by Dutch artist Geert Mul.

At the Rondeel, I admired the inside of the gigantic red hot air balloon, which has become a second, an interior, skin for the ArtSpace, that visiting artists may get under. In between the meeting with old friends, as one might have expected, the evening there brought quite a bit of noise.

The noise made me wonder ... it led to some lines on Edd Noi$ and Willy Fistw€ll's performance, and then some more on an heroic attempt by Kim Laugs and Rinus van Alebeek - none though really concerns this or that duo, or such or such group in particular: it addresses the pathetic impotence of 'fringe noise' as a contemporary (bourgeois) practice in general ...

Have a great day!
__ Harold Schellinx