[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 19.10.08

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Mon Oct 20 19:18:07 EDT 2008

    /*framework*/ broadcasts:  	sundays on *resonance104.4fm* in london,
uk (http://www.resonancefm.com) from 10-11pm local london time

	thursdays on *radio zero* in lisbon, pt (http://www.radiozero.pt) from
7-8pm local lisbon time

next edition week of: *26.10.08*
~ time zone converter: http://thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

*for general info, playlists, podcasts, or to stream the latest edition:
http://www.resonancefm.com/framework *
*framework is supported by /soundtransit/: http://www.soundtransit.nl *

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE
HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND
OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR:
HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

/*framework*/ - phonography / field recording; contextual and
decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

a more relaxed edition this week, with fewer and longer pieces.  we
finally got around to listening to *dallas simpson*'s environmental
improvisation with flowerpots, as well as to *leny puksar*'s scratchy
snow recordings.  we also heard a few of *dan warburton*'s soundwalks,
and a few extracts from *paul bradley*'s 2nd collaborative project with
*cria cuervos*.  but also - some news!

this week */framework/* has widened it's frame - it has been our hope
and desire for awhile now to hear framework broadcast on more radio
stations around the world, and this week that project begins.  while
podcasting and streaming on demand are great (i know many of you listen
that way) there's nothing like good old broadcast scheduling, and this
week we begin our partnership with *radio zero* in lisbon, a long-time
friend of *resonancefm*, and co-founding member of the *radia network*
(http://radia.fm).  while framework will always keep *resonancefm* as
it's homebase (and each edition will always broadcast first on
resonance), we will now be broadcasting as well each thursday night at
7pm local time on *radio zero* in lisbon.  so this show, for the week or
october 19th, will broadcast on *radio zero* on thursday , october
23rd.  our plan is to offer framework to many more independant radio
stations as well, so stay tuned for an fm broadcast in your hometown!

*radio zero* is based in lisbon, portugal, and broadcasts on the
internet from http://www.radiozero.pt.  if you're a new listener
listening on *radio zero*, please drop us a note and say hello!

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw
field recordings, field recording based composition, or introduction
submissions.  we are also now accepting proposals for full editions of
our guest curated series.  send proposals or material, released or not,
on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please
don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
354 rue de l'andelle
27910 perruel
france

framework at talk21.com

*19.10.08*
*(this edition will be available online until 26.10.08)*

*(start - finish  /  artist  /  track  /  album  /  label)*

00:00 - 04:50  /  adam wimbush  /  framework introduction
/[no web info]/

02:41 - 22:38  /  paul bradley & cria cuervos  /  /[excerpt 1]/  /
moraines II  /  small voices
http://www.twentyhertz.co.uk, http://www.myspace.com/sileat

06:53 - 16:03  /  leny puksar  /  snow on reeds, dry leaves, birds /[
excerpt 1]  //  snow country  /  -
http://www.lenypuksar.ch

15:23 - 37:14  /  dallas simpson  /  /[tracks 1-15]/  /  trancending
resonances (planters)  /  -
http://www.dallassimpson.com

26:54 - 40:47  /  dan warburton  /  a walk through l (lytham, lancs,
2003)  /  -  /  -
http://www.paristransatlantic.com/warburton

30:49 - 38:19  /  leny puksar  /  snow on reeds, dry leaves, birds /[
excerpt 2]  //  snow country  /  -
http://www.lenypuksar.ch

34:28 - 54:02  /  paul bradley & cria cuervos  /  /[excerpt 2]/  /
moraines II  /  small voices
http://www.twentyhertz.co.uk, http://www.myspace.com/sileat

39:21 - 50:40  /  leny puksar  /  melting snow on stones  /  snow
country  /  -
http://www.lenypuksar.ch

43:16 - 57:00  /  dan warburton  /  a walk through r (st remeze,
ardeches, 2004)  /  -  /  -
http://www.paristransatlantic.com/warburton

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and a recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST one minute before you -
3)    read aloud the following text:

*welcome to framework.*

*framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and its use in
composition.  field recording, phonography, the art of sound hunting;
open your ears and listen!*

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST two minutes after you have
finished speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the above address, or as an
mp3 via email

thanks!

|||  www.murmerings.com |||