[Microsound-announce] ***IMPORTANT INFO***

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Sun Oct 12 01:13:49 EDT 2008

a couple of changes to the microsound list:

- the microsound.org domain has been transferred to me - so I'm the
new owner of the microsound.org domain
- I'd like to thank Andy for allowing us to use the hyperreal server
for nine years

in fact, we're nine years old as of the 27th of this month
anecdote: someone told me in 1999 that microsound was a merely fad
and would be swept under the carpet with all the other disposable
genres in electronic music
obviously they didn't understand that microsound wasn't a genre
but more a philosophical approach to sound art as well as a community
of sound artists
we're still around and seem to have a cultural center of gravity

OK here are some of the changes after separating from hyperreal:

- the first change is we are moving both the main list as well as the
digest version to Google Groups
   - we have migrated most subscribers to the main list -- a few have
addresses that won't allow us to add you
we are going to leave the announce list where it is for now

below are the members who will need to re-sub manually:

13 users were flagged by the bulk sub process. They need to go to the
microsound group and subscribe manually. Here's the list and the
warnings:

4 users don't permit managers to add them
==========================
i.m.klif at gmail.com
sound at earphone.org
ronan.kermarrec at gmail.com

Google Groups will not add 9 users with restricted addresses
===================================
info at majaze.it
info at christian-quast.com
postmaster at paprika.no
info at acousmatic.co.uk
info at xdugef.com
info at punck.net
info at vel-net.com
info at garage-g.de
info at netzknoten.net

- next is we are also migrating the microsound web site to another
server
    - since all the project pages are already on this other server we
shouldn't have any problems

but if anyone experiences any problems or issues with list membership
please email me or Paulo and we'll do our best to correct it

that's all I can think of right now
if there any other changes to call to everyone's attention I'll post
it later

thanks!
KIM