[Microsound-announce] realms

Mike Hallenbeck junior at juniorbirdman.com
Thu May 29 15:53:17 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

Here's the word on "Realms", the new release from Ascsoms (aka Adam
Wimbush).  It's available now for free download from Wandering Ear:
http://wanderingear.com

Based in London, audio artist Adam J Wimbush primarily works with
processed field recordings, electronics and acoustic elements. His
compositions are assembled from the results of numerous improvised and
manipulated sonic experiments. From these, detailed extracts are chosen,
and then the individual segments undergo further modification, before
being edited together into a single aural environment. In keeping with his
musical philosophy the master files known as ‘Sound Shadows’ become
stimuli for further productions. A ‘mobius loop’ where sounds are
persuaded to morph with manipulated clones of themselves or sounds
generated years earlier, so in a sense they become shadows or echoes of
themselves, eclipsing and orbiting each other in a re-evolving sound
world. At certain stages of this process he releases this material under
his solo sound project Ascsoms.

Wandering Ear is a web label I co-curate with my friend Nathan Larson. WE
is dedicated to releasing field recording-oriented audio from around the
world. Please let us know if you're interested in releasing work.

http://wanderingear.com

Best,
Mike