[Microsound-announce] NEW MP3s: Gregory Taylor

John Kannenberg john at stasisfield.com
Mon Mar 17 06:01:51 EDT 2008

+++

Stasisfield is happy to help you find your way to our newest free MP3
release:

TWO MAPS OF DANARAJA

an MP3 full-length album by
GREGORY TAYLOR

Madison, Wisconsin based composer and Cycling '74 researcher Gregory
Taylor composed the two pieces on offer here by applying spectral
averaging and a structure inspired by systems music to source
material taken from a recording of the gamelan piece Danaraja. All
talk of the process aside, the end result is two pieces of exquisite
beauty: the first a flowing miasma of bell-derived drones which
resonate peacefully even as they twist and turn, and the second a
bouncing series of reverb-drenched tintinnabulation.

Available for download here:

http://www.stasisfield.com/releases/year06/sf-6005.html

Also includes extensive liner notes in a downloadable pdf booklet.

COMING UP:

New MP3 releases by

MIKE HALLENBECK
VERON