[Microsound-announce] New @ Stasisfield: Thomas Wincek

John Kannenberg john at stasisfield.com
Mon Jul 28 06:16:53 EDT 2008

+++

Stasisfield asks that you listen differently to a new release full of
instruments played differently...

EXTENDED TECHNIQUES

an MP3 EP by
THOMAS WINCEK

Madison, Wisconsin's Thomas Wincek takes a break here from his other
musical projects (All Tiny Creatures, Collections of Colonies of
Bees, and Emotional Joystick) to explore the practice of extended
technique. As Wincek discusses in the release's liner notes, the term
is used here to refer not only to traditional physical techniques
(e.g. hitting strings with chopsticks instead of plectrums) but also
digital processing techniques. While pure experimentation drives the
conceptual nature of the project, the resulting tracks are gorgeously
melodic, straddling a fine line between composition and improvisation.

Available for download here:

http://www.stasisfield.com/releases/year06/sf-6009.html

Also includes artwork in a downloadable pdf booklet.

FACEBOOK: IT'S NOT JUST FOR STALKING PEOPLE ANYMORE -- NOW YOU CAN
STALK RECORD LABELS TOO

There's a Stasisfield Facebook group. It would be cool if you joined
it. Go here:

[ http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34305716160 ]

Or just search for "Stasisfield" in Facebook Groups.

AND NO, I HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ABOUT YOU, MYSPACE

If Facebook's new redesign has got you down, why not run back into
the arms of MySpace? Go here and friend us:

[ http://www.myspace.com/stasisfield ]

COMING UP:

New MP3 releases by

EMMANUEL WITZTHUM