[Microsound-announce] SB :: Mind: the gap (Hommage a Nam June Paik)

HarS' Sound Chronicles hars7 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 23 16:02:54 EDT 2008

SOUNDBLOG :: July 23rd, 2008 [#268 / sbpc 22]
"Mind: the gap (Hommage à Nam Jun Paik)"
Musicians from the impromptu Ana-R chamber orchestra, in divers combinations, performed over the course of two separate evenings in june six times a parisian Sound CityScape, signed by the Korean artist Daily ... We used a flute, a toy piano, a Casio keyboard, an acoustic guitar and an ukulele on sunday june 15th at La Veilleuse; at the franco-korean Espace Han-Seine, on friday june 22nd, there were a double bass, a piano, and - again - Rebus's toy piano. I think I never ever before heard nor played anything as ephemeral.
" "... As ephemeral as the nightly view of a city from within an airplane flying high overhead. As ephemeral as the view of Paris from within a car that is speeding along its ring way ..."
Such was Daily's 'Hommage to Nam Jun Paik' ...

Have a great day!
** harold schellinx
--
http://soundblog.net/