[Microsound-announce] V/A "In Memorian Andrey Tarkovsky"

Nikita Golyshev musica_excentrica at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 17:01:13 EDT 2008

Hi everyone!

Musica Excentrica proud to present our new compiliation dedicated to most impressive film-directors of XX century - Andrey Tarkovsky.

In the entire history of cinema there has never been a director, who has made such a dramatic stand for the human spirit as he did. Today, when cinema seems to have drowned in a sea of glamorized triviality, when human relationships on screen have been reduced to sexual intrigue or sloppy sentimentality, and baseness rules the day - this man appears as a lone warrior standing in the midst of this cinematic catastrophe, holding up the banner for human spirituality.The Genius of modern Russian cinema - hailed by Ingmar Bergman as "the most important director of our time" - died an exile in Paris in December 1986.

After 22 years, passed from that year we decided to ask Kim Cascone, Astro, Violet, 833-45, Kenneth Kirschner, Astrowind, Pink Twins, Alva Noto, Nobukazu Takemura and Nikita Golyshev what do they think about Tarkovsky's phenomenon. This "musical answers" are now gathered in a big compiliation, and we invite everyone to explore it:

Release page (get track-by-track):
www.excentrica.org

ZIP with 320kbps mp3
http://listen.excentrica.org/releases/exc014/exc015_mp3.zip

Cheers!
P.S. Brand new Musica Excentrica site is comming soon! Stay Tuned!