[Microsound-announce] visual artist needs help

Thaniel Lee thanielionlee at thanielionlee.com
Fri Jan 18 10:27:46 EST 2008

dear everyone

i know that this is a mostly music list but im also a visual  artist,
and i am currently looking for some shows to be in this year. my
website is at thanielionlee.com

below is my artist statement

My work is about my life as a person with a disability, I use both
humor and seriousness as away of dissecting and examining the world in
which both you and I live in. I frequently cite and use history, my
personal life and the experiences of others as a means of questioning
and re-examining our societies view point on the concept that is
normalcy.

Aesthetically most of my work falls under the category of conceptual
art, in that the concept of the work comes first and then the
aesthetic/type of work comes after I have thought about the work and
came to decision on how the idea should be presented. I feel that this
way of making and presenting work/ideas allows me to be more flexible
when it comes to the amount of money, time and space I need to execute
a work of art.

-thaniel ion lee
http://thanielionlee.com/
http://thanielarts.blogspot.com/