[microsound-announce] electro-music.com live streaming New Years Eve 2009

Joao Ricardo j.m.duarte.r at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 11:52:19 EST 2008

We did it in 2006 and 2008 (I think we missed 2007) so why not do it again?
Lets have an online electro-music.com international New Year's Eve party and
electro-jam. Almost all cultures celebrate the January 1st New Year so this
is sure not to offend too many people.

A floating concert is like a floating crap game, it moves around from
location to location.

A shoutcast server will be set up to run all day Dec 31 through Jan 1.
People in their studios are welcome to set up live streaming of
performances, jam sessions, or any kind of musical expression for streaming.
The electro-music.com members and lurkers can tune in and share the
experience. Hopefully, people will be volunteering from all over the world
to sign up for a time slot. Pick a time convenient for you - it doesn't have
to be Midnight in your time zone, but that would be cool.

For those that haven't done live streaming, it is a lot easier than you
might imagine. To do the streaming, all you need is a PC with Oddcast (now
called Edcast), a free program. If you have a Mac, you can use the Nicecast
program (free demo works for a month the last time we tried it) to stream.

If you are are interested in participating, a test server will be set up
just for you to experiment on to make sure you can get it to work.

Once you get your own server assignment, you can test stream all you want.
When your time comes up on New Years Eve, the radio.electro-music.com server
will be switched to reflect you server. You have nothing to do.

If you are interested, please let us know. We'll pass out times on a first
come basis. Why don't you join in? Don't worry about being polished and
super professional, this is for fun. Hopefully, we can give some of our DIY
synth builders a chance to have their music heard direct from their
studios.

It's party time...

For more info go to http://electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22830.

--