[Microsound-announce] Recycling Records Newsletter #7: The Best Of Polish Smooth Jazz ...Ever!

Recycling Records recyclingrecords at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 03:49:46 EDT 2008

*Recycling Records presents: The Best Of Polish Smooth Jazz ...Ever!*

*
*[en]
*
*Our fifth release is now available. "The Best Of Polish Smooth Jazz
...Ever!" is 20 top polish hits performed by 20 artists. They prefer to stay
anonymous to keep you focused on these great tracks that are presented in
modern versions to reveal their hidden beauty. They sometimes differ a lot
from original versions what for many conservative listeners may come as a
shock but it's still an essential collection for every music lover.

You can get it as a CD in nice digipack or just download MP3 files - but
would you miss that awesome extra track video clip included as bonus on CD?
You choose.

Full info -> www.recyclingrecords.com/en/rr005
Download -> http://www.archive.org/compress/rr005
Buy cd -> www.recyclingrecords.com/en/cds

Review from www.musicemissions.com :

(...) There hasn't been much lately in electronic music that has really made
me stand at attention until this release peaked my interest in a huge way.
The entire album plays on a downbeat mood.  I feel like much more time and
effort was spent on artistic value within the album rather than trying to
make an album that people want to dance to. Thus, a very intelligent album
was created in *"The Best of Polish Smooth Jazz ...Ever!"*  I found myself
becoming extremely relaxed while listening to the tracks and didn't feel
overwhelmed with a multitude of sampling complexity. Though I'm sure much of
what they've done is complex, it never feels like you need to rack your
brain for answers. Most of the songs start off vamping on a single note or
interval that resonates throughout the entire song while subtle melodies
play in the background accompanied by clever drum fills. The complexity of
the album is in what is sampled rather than the album's actual sound.
Recycling
Records actually deconstructs songs such as a pop-rock ballad and from those
deconstructed files, he creates the ambient sounds that you hear on the
record.  The mood of the album is also extremely unique to any electronic
album I've ever given my attention to.  Though other artists such as Bonobo
or Amon Tobin have a lot of slow-paced songs of their own, especially the
former of the two, neither of them pay as much attention to the ambient
noise like Recycling Records does.
If you're into electronic music, *"The Best of Polish Smooth Jazz ...Ever!"*
is definitely a must-have in your music collection. It would even be
interesting for a pop-rock fan to get their hands on to try and figure out
what songs have been deconstructed. Recycling Records truly has done
something entirely unique with *"The Best of Polish Smooth Jazz
...Ever!"*and for once the listeners are able to feel the difference
rather than
having to listen intently for it.(...)
John Berry

[pl]

Nasze piąte wydawnictwo już dostępne. "The Best Of Polish Smooth Jazz
...Ever!" to 20 polskich artystów wykonujących 20 z największych polskich
przebojów. Wolą pozostać anonimowi by nie odwracać uwagi od zawartych na
płycie wspaniałych piosenek, które zagrane i zaaranżowane zostały na
współczesną modłę. Czasami różnią się dość znacznie od wykonań oryginalnych,
co może być sporym szokiem dla konserwatywnych słuchaczy, ale mimo to jest
to wciąż obowiązkowa pozycja dla każdego szanującego się miłośnika muzyki.

Możesz dostać CD w ładnym digipacku albo po prostu pobrać MP3-ki - ale czy
przegapisz niesamowite video do dodatkowego utworu dołączone jako bonus na
płycie? Ty wybierasz.

Pełne info -> www.recyclingrecords.com/pl/rr005
Pobierz -> http://www.archive.org/compress/rr005
Kup płytę -> www.recyclingrecords.com/en/cds

Recenzja albumu z www.musicemissions.com :*
[...]

Recycled greetings | Zrecyklowane pozdrowienia
--
Mateusz Krawczyk
www.recyclingrecords.com