[Microsound-announce] Origami Boe - new online release on con-v

conv convnetlabel at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 07:17:23 EDT 2007

As a long time supporter of Einstürzende Neubauten,
their democratic turn of the last few years is not
only amusing - but also creates as a link between
artists of such stature and the various other
sub-networks of musicians and artists who have been
working 'out in the open' for years. So as I started
out this game of hunting down supporter act slots, i
also started to plan for something special, if i
should be so lucky. The strangest thing was that i was
supposed to be on tour with colleague Eric Cordier in
this time, thinking i might have a slot for EN earlier
elsewhere in Europe. The Cordier tour was postponed,
and days after this chance was given me.

'Baunoten' is from one of six support acts for
Einstürzende Neubauten in 2004, recorded live by Boris
Wilsdorf (EN sound engineer/producer) at Hamburg
Musikhalle in 2004, specially composed for them, based
on room re-recordings of their webcast rehearsals and
dubbed with one of my self-built "acoustic laptops".

http://www.con-v.org