[Microsound-announce] and/OAR deadline reminder for Antonioni project

dkl37 at juno.com dkl37 at juno.com
Sat Nov 24 19:41:29 EST 2007

Hello everyone,

It just occured to me that I might not have ever posted a call
for submissions on any of these list groups for an mp3 project
pertaining to the late great film director Michelangelo Antonioni...

Back in June of this year, I launched the third of a trilogy of film
director CD projects, and then also decided to do a counterpart
project to be released as part of the upcoming pay-per download
MP3 catalog (artists would receive percentage of sales or some
other compensation to be negotiated). The details can be found
at the and/OAR blog:
http://andoar.blogspot.com/2007/06/michelangelo-antonioni-open-invitation
.html

And then, as some of you know, more than a month later,
Antonioni passed away, and within hours of another cinema
giant, Ingmar Bergman!!!

Well, the deadline for the mp3 project was originally set for December
1st,
which means it is very fast approaching. If there is a large enough level
of
extra interest generated by posting this information on these list
groups,
then maybe I will extend the deadline so that more people can submit
work.

Also, if I extend the deadline, I've been thinking to change the
guidelines
to not require the use of field recordings in light of the two new
subdivisions
being started that will extend the focus of and/OAR as a recording label.
This would make it a label-wide project, which would in turn welcome the
use of only instruments, pure electronics, etc.

If you people are interested, please let me know.
Due to a very busy inbox, I can't guarantee a reply to every e-mail, but
at least
I will know you are interested and will try to keep you updated about the

project as things progress.

Thanks for your attention.

Best Wishes,
Dale