[Microsound-announce] Tovsky EU Tour dates

Bruce Tovsky bruce at skeletonhome.com
Thu May 17 11:12:38 EDT 2007

hello all
as always, excuses for cross-posts....

I am pleased to announce my first EU tour, beginning on may 25 in Copenhagen and ending in Paris on June 3. I will be touring my recent video/sound piece UNDERPASS, which had a great month-long run at Diapason in New York City last October. Like the Diapason show, I am inviting local improvisors to join me in performing the sound, and I have enlisted a fine group of collaborators. detailed information on each show can be found below.

COPENHAGEN / MAY 25
I am thrilled to be performing at Paul Opstrup's lovely space Literaturhaus, located in a beautiful old church. Joining me are three fantastic danish improvisors: Emil de Waal (percussion + laptop + devices) Søren Kjaergaard (keyboards) and Gustaf Ljunggren (guitar) - all of whom I performed with last year as part of Emil's big band at Issue Project Room here in Brooklyn.

Literaturhaus
Møllegade 7 at Nørrebro.
Time: 20:00
Entrance: not determined as yet

Transport
Bus: 5A (Elmegade/Solitudevej) and 350S (Elmegade/Stengade).
S-train: to Nørreport and then bus 5A.
Metro: to Nørreport and then bus 5A.
Night bus: 81N (Peter Fabers Gade/Solitudevej).

http://www.literaturhaus.dk/65/

AMSTERDAM / MAY 30
I am also quite excited about performing at Steim, the world-renowned center for experimental music and home of the Cracklebox, one of my favorite instruments, and many other sonic innovations. I will be performing as part of Steim's "Local Stop" series, and will be joined by Steim director Robert van Heumen (laptop + LiSa + Super Collider 3) Ivo Bol (laptop) and Hilary Jeffery (trombone).

STEIM, Utrechtsedwarsstraat 134, Amsterdam
Time: 20:30
Entrance: 5 euro
Other performances:
# Gilberto Bernardes playing pieces by Ken Ueno and Hillary Zipper
# PRAED: Paed conca : electric bass, clarinet and electronics & Raed yassin : double bass, radio, tapes, electronics - accompanied by a video by PRAED

http://www.steim.org/steim/activity.php

PARIS / JUNE 3
The end of a too-short tour, the Paris performance will be much like the shows I present at my own space 106BLDG30 in the Brooklyn Navy Yard - an intimate concert in a private loft space. "64" is run by composer/improvisor Jean Jacques Palix. Joining me will be Palix (electronics) and Olivier Pasquet (laptop). Olivier and I performed together last year, at my Navy Yard space. Thanks to David Linton, for introducing me to Palix (and saving the Paris show, which had gone off the tracks.) We may have a surprise guest sitting in, so stay tuned.

"64"
64 rue Saint Sabin
Time: 20:00 (tentative, check my website closer to the show for updates.)

http://jjpalix.free.fr/

bruce tovsky
www.skeletonhome.com

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
Philip K. Dick