[Microsound-announce] Derek Holzer & Rob Curgenven--gigs and booking in europe/uk/aus

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed Mar 14 14:42:23 EDT 2007

Howdy all,

Australian composer/sound recordist Rob Curgenven and I are playing a
series of gigs in Europe and the UK in April, and we're hoping to fill
out the tour with some more in Germany, the UK, Netherlands, Belgium and
perhaps France. Later on--in September--we do Australia along with Dutch
video artist Sara Kolster. Please get in touch if you can help out (see
dates below), and please do come out if we make it to your town!

best,
Derek

***

*ROB CURGENVEN & DEREK HOLZER*

*improvisation for field recordings and analog synthesizer*

Rob Curgenven: field recordings, prerecorded piano
Derek Holzer: analog synthesizer, pure data

Holzer and Curgenven both draw upon their diverse backgrounds in field
recording, sound art, modern composition, noise and experimental music
to create this live sonic environment. Their improvisations focus on the
interrelation of Curgenven's detailed recordings from the Australian
Outback and a selection of prerecorded piano resonances juxtaposed with
Holzer's slowly modulated, shimmering and crackling synthesizer tones.
The combination of these sources poses the question: what is "real",
what is "constructed"? Where is the border between the actual sound
event, its digital reproduction and its sonic simulation?

*UPCOMING PERFORMANCES*

Mar 30 - Hoerbar, Hamburg, DE (w/ Jazkamer)
Apr 06 - Salon Bruit, Berlin, DE
Apr 10 - NBI, Berlin, DE (w/ Laptop Orchestra Berlin)(to be confirmed)
Apr 11 - Zone, Bristol, UK (to be confirmed)
Apr 12 - Klinker Club, South London, UK
Apr 13 - Klinker Club, North London, UK
Apr 14-16 - Leeds/West Yorkshire, UK (to be confirmed)
Apr 26 - Tag, Den Haag, NL
Apr 28 - Electronic Church, Berlin, DE (to be confirmed)

*AUDIO SAMPLES, BIOGRAPHIES, DISCOGRAPHIES*

http://www.umatic.nl/info_rand.html

*BOOKING*

Available in Europe until the end of April 2007

Roughly speaking, we're still seeking gigs for these dates/locations:
* Germany during April 1-9 (would consider going further with travel
guarantee)
* London, Manchester/Liverpool area or other UK during the week of April
16-21
* Netherlands, Belgium or France during the week of April 22-27

Seeking bookings in Australia for September 2007

Contact: derek at umatic.nl
[+49][0]176 2812 5845

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl