[Microsound-announce] Discosinvisibles.newsletter.july.07

.discos invisibles. martha at discosinvisibles.org
Mon Jul 23 15:24:35 EDT 2007

Discosinvisibles.newsletter.july.07

For spanish version click
<http://www.discosinvisibles.org/newsletters/newsletterjulio07.html>  here.

.

El Lazo Invisible + Mars selected at the Centro Cultural de España in Buenos
Aires

We feel very fortunate to have been chosen for this exhibition. The work
that will be presented is “Pristina” with audio by El Lazo Invisible and
visuals by Mars. To watch the video click here
<http://marsiana.blogspot.com/2007/05/pristina.html> .

www.cceba.org.ar

Presentation of “Ovacion”

In March of this year, Jose Ignacio Lopez presented his audio piece called
“Ovacion”, which is generated from applause sounds taken from different
concerts during 2007 and is activated by the applause of the audience at the
end of the event. It is set up to be a reaction to the audience’s enthusiasm
after the concert comes to an end. If the audience agrees it will become a
combined bidirectional ovation.  Click here to see the video of the
presentation.

This audio piece was presented at “Etcetera, Festival of New Music” part of
the UCSD Spring Fest.

Micro <http://www.d-i-net.org/springfestucsd.html>  site of the festival

Digital Audio and Video Workshop

We invite you to visit the website we have created to showcase the final
works of our students. Our group consisted of junior high level students
from the Tijuana area and ranged form 13 to 15 years of age. They all showed
great potential in this first year. For Discos Invisibles, it’s very
important to train people interested in the digital arts and to create
public for these disciplines.

You can download the tracks from archive.org
<http://www.archive.org/details/discosinvisibles_taller_audiovideo_2007>

www.d-i-net.org/taller.html

El Lazo Invisible in new FILTRO compilation

“Ella hablaba en RGB” (She talked in RGB) is the name of the track selected
by the FILTRO net label to be part of their most recent international
compilation called HISTERESIS. <http://www.filtro.com.mx/v2/020/020.htm>

The piece in words of its author:

“She talked in RGB, each one of her words sounded like the addition of
multiple and indefinable dreams: reds 255, 0, 0 pure, profound like the
essence of a sleeping pixel #ff0000. A luminous fountain, like any other,
intense and independent. She only talked RGB, in three channels, in front of
a continuously available monitor.  –You have t3 options – she said to me,
the morning is a lovely vector of color”

-El Lazo Invisible

We invite you to download this free compilation from the FILTRO net label
website.

www.filtro.com.mx

.

Errores 2

We invite you to visit  Errores 2, a micro site created by Ignacio Lopez to
showcase the beauty of the aesthetics of the error. It consists of a simple
flash interface that recreates the “glitch” that randomly occurred on his
laptop one day.

www.d-i-net.org/errores2.html

.

Discos Invisibles at the Tijuana Book Fair

We where invited to participate in the 25th Tijuana Book Fair in a
discussion panel that opened the dialogue about language and writing, with
special focus on the impact that new technological tools and graffiti has on
the way we write. We believe that the discussion of these types of subjects
is important due to their relevance in our daily life.

www.librostijuana.com

Audio and Video from Discos Invisibles

Video:
<http://marsiana.blogspot.com/2007/05/pristina.html> Pristina
<http://marsiana.blogspot.com/2007/06/video-para-el-track-julio-10-de-el-laz
o.html> Julio 10

Audio:
<http://www.discosinvisibles.org/ellazoinvisible-origami.mp3> Origami
Ordenandome
<http://www.archive.org/download/miradorpresskittracksfromdiscosinvisibles/e
llazoinvisible-ordenandome.mp3>

Discos Invisibles

Is a work collective based in Tijuana, Mexico, interested in the use of new
languages developed due to the technological advance and the way these
mechanisms can be implemented to break international and interpersonal
barriers. It’s been devoted mainly to sonic experimentation and, through
Discos Invisibles -independent record label- to the generation, production
and distribution of CD-R’s which are 100% home made, maybe more.

The collective coexists in the digital daily life, in between high tech and
digital marginality. It works in favour of the dismythification of
technological environments like advanced and exclusive worlds. It is also
interested in the distribution of technology and the concepts of the digital
world to all social levels.

"Sound is born for everyone ", and “Cyberspace as a public space” are some
of the phrases that mark the way of our work towards an aesthetic liberty
that is careful of not falling in to mimicry and unnecessary duplication.
Through its facet as an independent CD-R label, and net label, Discos
Invisibles supports and contributes the non profit exchange as a cultural
variation of the open source, free culture and free distribution systems
(through Creative Commons). This way, it continues with the tradition and
principles of public access to the means of generation and distribution of
artistic and technological material. Within this line of work, Discos
Invisibles has participated in the organization of on-line music festivals
like: Suramérica Electrónica and Electrónica Mexicana
<http://www.electronicamexicana.org/> , pioneer festivals in their genre,
and also in a series of artistic interventions and installations in the
border area between the U.S. and Mexico, which have been oriented to the
theme of recontextualization of audio and Sound art in the border area.

Write to us at info[at]discosinvisibles[dot]org

 Site: www.discosinvisibles.org

Blog: blog.discosinvisibles.org

Net label: www.d-i-net.org <http://www.d-i-net.org/>