[Microsound-announce] Symbiosis Playlist - 17th January 2007 (Matt R ö sner & Shoeb Ahmad)

Simon Hampson mlist at symbiosis.com.au
Tue Jan 23 15:08:01 EST 2007

Symbiosis
Wednesday 10pm - 12am
Melbourne, Australia
102.7 FM Triple R

Streaming live online at: http://www.rrr.org.au/
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/symbiosisradio
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/coishii

with Simon Hampson

A journey through experimental sound textures and rhythms.

Headphones recommended.

I am always looking for new sounds. Drop me an email or give me a call on
the show - I would love to hear from you.

Email: simon at symbiosis.com.au

--
Tuesday 23rd January, 2007

Hi folks,

With the brief exception of Sunday, the days in Melbourne have been hot and
humid. Rain on Friday and Saturday didn't prevent a feeling that you could
cut the air with a knife. Some of you may think it would be uncomfortable,
and still, I have to say that I love the changing seasons. Melbourne does
them so well.

Thanks to Matt Rösner (WA) and Shoeb Ahamad (ACT) for travelling to play at
last week's wonderful shows. Shoeb and I played together at the ŒDrawing Of
Sound¹ night last Thursday, curated by Zac Keiller.

After that, the third Symbiosis Listening Focus at West Space featured Matt,
Joe Talia and myself. The space looked great and all the performances were
well received. Sunday saw us at the East Brunswick Club for another set of
great sounds from Robin Fox, Shoeb and Matt. Thanks to all the artists, both
West Space and East Brunswick Club for their support, and of course, thank
you to all of you who came to the shows.

On a personal note, the wonderful Wandering Ear label has just released a
remix compilation, based on sounds from their first release 'Thaw'. My
track, "Thaw Cracks The Ice" is included. Check it out at
www.wanderingear.com

This week:

Wednesday 24th January: Last week was flat out so we're going for a quiet
show this week. Tune in to hear new sound textures from around the globe.

Coming up: The Idealist, Robert Horton, Esa Ruoho (Lackluster), Aidan Baker,
Aaron Ximm, RF

Thanks for listening,

Simon.

--

Symbiosis Playlist - 17th January 2007

Matt Rösner (WA) and Shoeb Ahmad (ACT) joined me in the studio for a chat
and live performance.

Matt Rösner: www.pablodali.net <http://www.pablodali.net/>
Shoeb Ahmad: www.myspace.com/shoebahmad <http://www.myspace.com/shoebahmad>

--

Artist :: Track :: Album/Link :: Label (if applicable)

M. Rösner :: comber :: Morning Tones :: Apestaartje

Matt Rösner interview & live performance

Joe Talia :: exterior :: In/Exterior :: Holding Pattern

Simon Hampson :: thaw cracks the ice :: Melt :: Wandering Ear **

Solo Andata :: the echo's left behind :: Fyris Swan :: Hefty

Lawrence English :: desert road :: For Varying Degrees Of Winter :: Baskaru

Suzanne Williams :: anna ruby falls georgia :: Field Recording ::
scw1217 at tampabay.rr.com

Shoeb Ahmad interview & live performance

Thomas Korber :: der gesellige anachoret (excerpt) :: MS/TK/TSA  :: Fargone
Records

Claudio Parodi :: (excerpt) :: Horizontal Mover (Homage to Alvin Lucier) ::
Extreme

Taylor Deupree :: (excerpt) :: 1am :: 12k

Markus Reuter :: the key to conscience :: Trepanation :: Lotuspike

Andy Vaz :: remix by Further Details :: Soundvariation 10-10 :: [---]

Net Labels
(** signifies that the track is from a net label)

Wandering Ear: www.wanderingear.com