[Microsound-announce] Mpls / online : Spark Festival

Mike Hallenbeck junior at juniorbirdman.com
Mon Feb 19 22:26:33 EST 2007

Dear friends,

Whether you're in the Twin Cities or out there in cyberspace, the
University of Minnesota's Spark Festival of Electronic Music and Art 2007
will host my work in at least one way accessible to you this week:

1. Headphone festival
2. Spark Radio

[ headphone festival ]

Wed Feb 18th, Coffman Memorial Union, 3 pm: Six performances made audible
exclusively through headphones, curated by Scott Stulen.

Performers include Bunk Data, Viv Corringham, Abinadi Meza, Jared Stulen,
Scott Stulen, and myself (I'll be performing at about 3 pm). I'll
contribute a preview of my upcoming installation "The Premises", audio
documents of the south Minneapolis house I'm currently moving out of
(everything from mice in the walls to the house across the street on
fire).

Bring your own headphones if you'd like to listen; the jacks are 1/4"
(there may be 1/8" to 1/4" converters on hand if 1/8" is all you have).

Headphone Festival @ Spark Festival
Wednesday February 21st
Coffman Memorial Union, U of M
3 pm - free
http://www.spark.cla.umn.edu/headphonefest.html

------------------

[ spark radio ]

I've also contributed a couple of programs to Spark Radio, an online
collection available throughout the festival. I've put together two
programs, one featuring my own work and one showcasing the offerings of
Wandering Ear (http://www.wanderingear.com), the field recording-oriented
web label I co-curate with my friend Nathan Larson.

Broadcast of Spark Radio begins Tuesday February 20th, I'm told, and can
be accessed from the following url: http://75.73.12.238:8000/listen.m3u

Enjoy!

Mike Hallenbeck
http://www.juniorbirdman.com/archive