[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 14.02.07

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Thu Feb 15 05:07:40 EST 2007

framework broadcasts wednesdays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 1-2pm gmt

next broadcast:    21.02.07
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework
framework is supported by soundtransit: http://www.soundtransit.nl

RESONANCEFM WILL SHUT ITS DOORS PERMANENTLY UNLESS WE CAN RAISE £60,000 BY THE END OF AUGUST.  IF YOU VALUE OUR PROGRAMMING, PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  NOW IS THE TIME.  THANK YOU!

 framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

this edition of framework:afield was produced in stockholm, sweden, by mathias josefson.  for more information on his work see http://www.mathiasjosefson.com.  mathias says:

  "I have spent some time working and thinking about what to provide for the "framework:afield 2007" project and I ended up writing a small patch in max/msp that randomly selected excerpts from preselected soundfiles, which I felt had some connection to field recordings."

meanwhile, resonancefm's fund-raising month ticks on, and i'm pleased to see we've raised over £5,000 through our website!  but that's still way off our £60,000 target, so if you haven't donated already, i remind you again:

resonancefm has reached a financial breaking point.  we have until the end of august to come up with £60,000 (yes, £60,000).  if we do not, resonancefm will SHUT ITS DOORS PERMANENTLY.  if you've ever considered making a donation to resonancefm, now's the time!  PLEASE MAKE A DONATION AND HELP US STAY ALIVE!  ITS NOW OR NEVER FOLKS!

you can make a donation through the front page on the resonancefm website: http://www.resonancefm.com.  if you do, please let me know, and i will send you a special framework thank you.

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com

14.02.07
(this edition will be available online until 21.02.07)

Number/Time/Title/Artist/Album/Label/Release date/Excerpt time
1 / 0 minutes 2 seconds / 1 / Antenna Farm & Main / Brombron 01:AF_M  /Staalplaat / 2001  / excerpt from 0 minutes 15 seconds to 7 minutes 5 seconds
2 / 6 minutes 11 seconds / Rules Of Reduction / Jim O'Rourke / Rules of Reduction / Metamkine / 1993 / excerpt from 1 minute 49 seconds to 2 minutes 29 seconds
3 / 6 minutes 49 seconds / Cannon Hill / Higher Intelligence Agency & Biosphere / Birmingham Frequencies / Headphone / 2000 /  excerpt from 1 minute 55 seconds to 3 minutes 23 seconds
4 / 8 minutes 10 seconds / Before / Colin Potter / And then / ICR / 2000 / excerpt from 2 minutes 31 seconds to 8 minutes 40 seconds
5 / 13 minutes 43 seconds / Sometime Today / Darren Tate & Paul Bradley / Sometime Today / Plinkity Plonk Records / 2004 / excerpt from 26 minutes 6 seconds to 32 minutes 15 seconds
6 / 19 minutes 16 seconds / Nature Of Illusion (Part1) / Silverman / Nature of Illusion / Beta-Lactam Ring Records / 2005 / excerpt from 3 minutes 31 seconds to 4 minutes 24 seconds
7 / 20 minutes 5 seconds / 10'17" / Indicate / Whelm / Touch/ 1995 / excerpt from 3 minutes 51 seconds to 5 minutes 3 seconds
8 / 21 minutes 10 seconds / Landscape / Monos / 360° / Anomalous Records / 2001 / excerpt from 11 minutes 38 seconds to 21 minutes 38 seconds
9 / 30 minutes 11 seconds / Idumæa / Current 93 / Black Ships Eat the Sky / Durtro / 2006 / excerpt from 0 minutes 0 seconds to 1 minute 42 seconds
10 / 31 minutes 44 seconds / Part 1 / The Legendary Pink Dots / Alchemical Playschool / Caciocavallo / 2006 / excerpt from 0 minutes 48 seconds to 6 minutes 39 seconds
11 / 37 minutes 1 second / Gnome Culture / Ora / ICR / 2003 / excerpt from 3 minutes 21 seconds to 4 minutes 55 seconds
12 / 38 minutes 26 seconds / Happy New Year / Edward Ka-spel / Happy New Year / Beta-Lactam Ring Records / 2005 / excerpt from 7 minutes 59 seconds to 8 minutes 38 seconds
13 / 39 minutes 2 seconds / 1 / Darren Tate / "3/3/06" / Fungal / 2006 / excerpt from 7 minutes 10 seconds to 12 minutes 0 seconds
14 / 43 minutes 24 seconds / Färjesånger / Hanna Hartman / Hanna Hartman / Elektron / 2002 / excerpt from 10 minutes 55 seconds to 13 minutes 39 seconds
15 / 45 minutes 53 seconds / Leitfossilien / Cría Cuervos / Leitfossilien / Mystery Sea / 2005 / excerpt from 22 minutes 35 seconds to 32 minutes 35 seconds
16 / 54 minutes 54 seconds / Stream / Hazard / Wind / Ash International / 2001 / excerpt from 0 minutes 21 seconds to 4 minutes 24 seconds

 framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!