[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 07.02.07

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Fri Feb 9 11:07:32 EST 2007

framework broadcasts wednesdays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 1-2pm gmt

next broadcast:    14.02.07
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework
framework is supported by soundtransit: http://www.soundtransit.nl

RESONANCEFM WILL SHUT ITS DOORS PERMANENTLY UNLESS WE CAN RAISE £60,000 BY THE END OF AUGUST.  IF YOU VALUE OUR PROGRAMMING, PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  NOW IS THE TIME.  THANK YOU!

 framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

our latest regular edition of framework saw us focusing on an excellent phonographic compilation released by the german gruenrekorder label, 'recorded in the field by...'.  we'll be listening to more tracks from this release in the coming months, as i seem to have selected nearly all of them for airplay, more than i can squeeze into a single show.  we also heard sounds by the italian artist urkuma, a fine collection of watery waves by martin clarke, some unreleased works for installation by my dear friend mark schreiber, mnortham's tribute to his race-car driving father, and another sampling from the collaboration between maurizio bianchi, nobu kasahara and hitoshi kojo.  we finished up with a lovely almost-narrative piece by brooklyn-native and current seattle-residing artist katie gately.  meanwhile, resonancefm's fund-raising month ticks on, and i'm pleased to see we've raised nearly £5,000 through our website!  but that's still way off our £60,000 target, so if you haven't donated already, i remind you again:

resonancefm has reached a financial breaking point.  we have until the end of august to come up with £60,000 (yes, £60,000).  if we do not, resonancefm will SHUT ITS DOORS PERMANENTLY.  if you've ever considered making a donation to resonancefm, now's the time!  PLEASE MAKE A DONATION AND HELP US STAY ALIVE!  ITS NOW OR NEVER FOLKS!

you can make a donation through the front page on the resonancefm website: http://www.resonancefm.com.  if you do, please let me know, and i will send you a special framework thank you.

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com

07.02.07
(this edition will be available online until 14.02.07)

thurston shacklady  /  framework intro
thurston_shacklady at hotmail.com

aaron ximm  /  three sides of the avilas  /  recorded in the field by...  /  gruenrekorder
http://www.quietamerican.org, http://www.gruenrekorder.de

urkuma  /  panta nifta scotini  /  rebuilding pantaleone's tree  /  baskaru
http://www.sanfocahotel.com, http://www.baskaru.com

mark schreiber  /  melody in the thumbs  /  a selection  /  -
markschreiber at gmx.net

dallas simpson  /  the valley of crows  /  recorded in the field by...  /  gruenrekorder
http://www.dallasmasters.co.uk/dallas, http://www.gruenrekorder.de

mnortham  /  go  /  go  /  ferns
http://preg.org/~mnortham, http://www.fernsrec.com

maurizio bianchi - nobu kasahara - hitoshi kojo  /  second day  /  the epidemic symphony no. 9  /  octpia
http://www.octpia.com/kojo, http://www.octpia.com

chris watson  /  by kelso dunes  /  recorded in the field by...  /  gruenrekorder
http://www.chriswatson.net, http://www.gruenrekorder.de

martin clarke  /  watersong  /  slides  /  oem
http://www.rockscottage.net, http://www.oemrecords.net

urkuma  /  bestiare  /  rebuilding pantaleone's tree  /  baskaru
http://www.sanfocahotel.com, http://www.baskaru.com

martin clarke  /  boats  /  slides  /  oem
http://www.rockscottage.net, http://www.oemrecords.net

derek holzer  /  monte alegre lago at dusk  /  recorded in the field by...  /  gruenrekorder
http://www.gruenrekorder.de

mark schreiber  /  uphill flare  /  a selection  /  -
markschreiber at gmx.net

martin clarke  /  lapse  /  slides  /  oem
http://www.rockscottage.net, http://www.oemrecords.net

daniel knef  /  gangway by night  /  recorded in the field by...  /  gruenrekorder
http://www.gruenrekorder.de

mark schreiber  /  phantom  /  a selection  /  -
markschreiber at gmx.net

urkuma  /  l'asino arpista  /  rebuilding pantaleone's tree  /  baskaru
http://www.sanfocahotel.com, http://www.baskaru.com

katie gately  /  treepaint  /  -  /  -
katie.gately at gmail.com

 framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!