[Microsound-announce] headphone festival 8/4 rochester mn

Mike Hallenbeck junior at juniorbirdman.com
Fri Aug 3 11:24:35 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

For those of you in the Rochester, MN area, here's a very cool show I'll
be part of this coming Saturday night. Even if I break my leg and can't
make it there, you should still go to it, because it'll be cool. See the
snazzy PDF which I hope not to have forgotten to attach to this email for
even more details.

The Second Annual Headphone Festival and Mashup Concert
Saturday, August 4, 2007
Rochester Art Center
http://www.rochesterartcenter.org/events/publicprograms.html
5:00   pm Headphone concert
10:30 pm Mashup concert
Free! (please bring your own headphones)

Originating in Europe in response to noise regulations placed on live
music venues headphone festivals emerged as an alternative performance
environment for electronic musicians.  Particularly suited for electronic
music and laptop based performances, the headphone festival concept spread
throughout Europe with the launch of the international Le Placard Festival
in 2002.  The expanding Placard Festival takes place each year as a
traveling concert and web-streaming event. The headphone festival concept
is slowly emerging in the United States with recent festivals including
the 2007 Spark Festival in Minneapolis and the 2006 inaugural headphone
festival at the Rochester Art Center.

The Second Annual Headphone Festival at the Rochester Art Center will
feature a dozen musicians, performers, and video artists curated by
performers Viv Corringham and Scott Stulen.  Experienced entirely through
headphones, musicians will perform original compositions comprised of
field recordings, samples, live sound improvisation, and analog
instruments output through a web of headphone jacks.  Many of the
performers will collaborate with a video artists this time around, adding
a visual element to their performance. The headphone festival merges the
collective concert experience with the intimate listening environment of
your own living room.

Enjoy! Come on out if you can.

A reminder that the new release "Eventualities 1: Voice" is available for
free mp3 download here:
http://insidesmusic.com/insidesmusic/eventualities.html

Subscribe to my RSS here if you like:
http://juniorbirdman.com/archive/archive.rss