[Microsound-announce] New Music Culural Crisis

dkl37 at juno.com dkl37 at juno.com
Fri Apr 13 03:35:39 EDT 2007

Don't get me started.
Real estate greed is off the charts.
A similar situation here in Seattle has been happening with arts
organizations
and galleries within what is known as the Denny Regrade area.
They've been getting pushed out because of the "market value"
going up due to the construction of new expensive condos.

I don't care what anyone says to the contrary; when it comes to things
like
real estate, "market value" is a farce and should be regulated in a way
that
will ensure everyone can afford a decent home or a place to run a
decidedly
benevolent operation such as a cultural organization.
The actions of a few greedy developer/land owners should not be allowed
dictate the "market value" for everyone else.

Then again, I realize my futile barking will do little to change
the way things have been aboard this ship of fools for ages.

Beam me up, Scotty!

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 23:36:22 -0400 Graham Miller