[Microsound-announce] vague terrain 06: locative

Neil Wiernik neil at phoniq.net
Fri Apr 6 10:49:07 EDT 2007

Hello Friends,

This brief email is to serve notice that we have launched vague terrain
06: locative, our mobile technology issue.  This is the first time we've
invited a guest editor to organize content and we've enlisted Toronto
artist/writer/musician David McCallum to curate a body of work exploring
locative media.  The issue contains work by: Evamaria Trischak, Jeremy
Hight, Knifeandfork, Marc Tuters, Patricia Rodriguez, Sawako, ssim-el,
an interview with Michael Lenczner, and an overview of the context
photography project.

To view the issue please visit http://www.vagueterrain.net

We will be dedicating our June and September issues to sample culture
and lo-fi technology.  If your work relates to these themes or you know
of a project that you think we'd be interested in, please contact us at
submit at vagueterrain.net

We've also been hard at work on a few personal projects that you may be
interested in. Neil has just released a new album on Noise Factory
Records which he will be launching on Friday in Toronto (details at
http://www.noisefactoryrecords.com ) and Greg recently rebuilt his
personal website ( http://www.serialconsign.com ) where he is now
regularly writing about art and media.

Thanks for your continued support.  :)