[Microsound-announce] Symbiosis Playlist - 20th September 2006 (Richard Chartier, Emily Williams)

Simon Hampson mlist at symbiosis.com.au
Tue Sep 26 06:32:23 EDT 2006

Symbiosis
Wednesday 10pm - 12am
Melbourne, Australia
102.7 FM Triple R

Streaming live online at: http://www.rrr.org.au/
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/symbiosisradio/
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/coishii

with Simon Hampson

A journey through experimental sound textures and rhythms.

Headphones recommended.

I am always looking for new sounds. Drop me an email or give me a call on
the show - I would love to hear from you.

Email: simon at symbiosis.com.au

--

Hi aus_noisers,

I brought in a mixed bag of sounds from around the world last week. An
interview with Richard Chartier kicked off the show.

Following his minimal sound work we added some spice to the mix with a new
Dekorder release by John Hegre & Maja Ratkje. Some great field recordings
followed, and a performance by Melbourne artist Emily Williams on cello and
effects.

The mix continued with a few noisier tracks, including the hilarious new
release on Shame File Music, 'Bite the Capsicum' (based on samples from the
'Iron Chef' TV series). And we rounded out the show with an older track from
Japanese chanteuse, Tujiko Noriko.

On this week¹s show:

27th September 2006: Skist (Japan) are the the husband and wife duo of Samm
Bennett and Haruna Ito. I had a chat with them last week, on the phone from
their home in Tokyo. They're launching their new record 'Taking Something
Somewhere' (Polarity) and touring Australia for the first time. Skist play
on Wednesday 4th October at the East Brunswick Club.

Skist: http://www.polarityrecords.net/skist/skist.html

Have a great week,

Simon.

Symbiosis Playlist - 20th September 2006

Richard Chartier (USA) joined me on the phone from his home in Washington DC
tonight. He will shortly be arriving in Melbourne for his first shows in
Australia.

In the second hour, Melbourne artist Emily Williams joined me to have a chat
and perform live in the Triple R studio.

Richard Chartier: www.3particles.com
Emily Williams: www.emily.net.au
West Space: www.westspace.org.au

Artist :: Track :: Album :: Label

Richard Chartier :: felt :: Overview :: 3Particles

Richard Chartier interview

Richard Chartier :: [.]#4 :: Re'PostFabricated :: DSP

Richard Chartier :: afterimage :: Overview :: 3Particles

Richard Chartier :: washington :: Invisible Cities :: Fallt

John Hegre & Maja Ratkje :: don't :: Ballads :: Dekorder

Skist :: hidden routines :: Taking Something Somewhere :: Polarity

Mystified :: pulses quicken :: Fragment, Compress :: Gruenrekorder

Tennis :: a guide to losing :: Bip_Hop Generation Vol. 8 :: Bip Hop

Lasse-Marc Riek :: germany - kustenvogel in dunen (coastal birds in dunes)
:: Recorded in the field by... :: Gruenrekorder

Tim Hecker :: dungeoneering :: Harmony In Ultraviolet :: Kranky

Fennesz :: tree :: Touch25 :: Touch

September 19th :: yarra scoot :: willaston at gmail.com

"16 separate recordings taken around the Yarra river in Abbotsford and
Richmond. The river banks change so quickly - one bend seems isolated, the
only sounds birdlife - then the next bend the CUB brewery backs directly
onto the water. Winding bush trails run parallel to major thoroughfares near
shopping centres. I hoped my recording would reflect the contrast between
these and other environments, hopefully creating a building sense of unease.

It was recorded on MiniDisc using a relatively cheap mic, then produced with
software. The percussive sounds are from a basketball court, and also
chopped vocal sounds."

Kiyoshi Mizutani :: watering place at haragoya-daira :: Scenery Of the
Border :: and/OAR

Emily Williams live

Robin Fox & Clayton Thomas :: bird song :: Substation :: Room40

Shunichiro Okada :: 4 :: Blank Field :: Alien8recordings

Bite the Capsicum :: dreaming in japanese :: Bite the Capsicum :: Shame File
Music

Tujiko Noriko :: 6 :: Make Me Hard :: Mego