[Microsound-announce] Symbiosis Playlist - 13th September 2006

Simon Hampson mlist at symbiosis.com.au
Tue Sep 19 06:47:36 EDT 2006

Symbiosis
Wednesday 10pm ­ 12am
Melbourne, Australia
102.7 FM Triple R

Streaming live online at: http://www.rrr.org.au/
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/symbiosisradio/
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/coishii

with Simon Hampson

A journey through experimental sound textures and rhythms.

Headphones recommended.

I am always looking for new sounds. Drop me an email or give me a call on
the show - I would love to hear from you.

Email: simon at symbiosis.com.au

Next week:

20th September 2006: Richard Chartier (USA) joins me on the phone from his
home in Washington DC tonight. He will shortly be hitting Melbourne for his
first show in Australia.

Symbiosis & Room40 present..

Symbiosis Listening Focus .01

Richard Chartier (USA)
Robin Fox¹s Laser Show
Ai Yamamoto

Sunday 24th September

@ West Space
1st Floor, 15-19 Anthony St, Melbourne

This is the inaugural Symbiosis Listening Focus. Encouraging the audience to
engage with the sound textures and providing the environment to absorb some
very special performances. Tune in to get a preview  of the show.

In the second hour, Melbourne artist Emily Williams will be joining me to
have a chat and perform live in the Triple R studio.

Richard Chartier: www.3particles.com
Emily Williams: http://www.emily.net.au/
West Space: www.westspace.org.au

Symbiosis Playlist - 13th September 2006

A quiet show amongst general frantic days this week. The mix garnered a
great response... keep those calls and emails coming.

Artist :: Track :: Album :: Label
** Net Labels (see end of playlist for links)

Ian Andrews :: adrift :: Pacifica :: Pneuma

Squarepusher :: the tide (arr. David Horne) :: London Sinfonietta (Warp
Works & Twentieth Century Masters) :: Warp

Urkuma :: l'asino arpista :: Rebuilding Pantaleone's Tree :: Baskaru

Mnoki :: winter trees :: Trees In Movement :: Conv **

Lawrence English & Ai Yamamoto :: something shimmering above :: Plateau ::
Phono-Statique Records

Sawako & Radiosonde :: sawasonde01 :: www.myspace.com/sawako/

"It is the recording of live improvisation with radiosonde in march 2006.
Also it is the sample for processing and deconstructing for my upcoming new
album. I'm singing and making electronic sound and ambience. Radiosonde is
.hofli(guitar&noise&effect)"

Fourcolor :: rowboat (with Piana) :: Letter Of Sounds :: 12k

Scott Taylor :: not drowning, waving :: Neverending Tide :: Dreamland
Recordings

M.Behrens :: fringe 1 :: Integracao :: Sirr

For Barry Ray :: (excerpt) :: Vagspel :: Room40

Yannis Kyriakides & Lucio Capece :: 3 :: Juncture :: Audiotong **

Mapstation :: the way things change :: Distance Told Me Things To Be Said ::
Scape

Skist :: return :: Ellipsis :: Polarity

M. Rosner :: decay :: Alluvial :: Room40

Marumari :: hand that byte :: Pathscrubber EP :: www.marumari.com

Sutekh :: unstabile :: Clicks And Cuts :: Mille Plateaux

Simon Matthews :: world 2 :: Tales Of Ten Worlds :: ??

Miles Tilmann :: particle garden :: Melt :: Experimedia **

James Yorkston & Reporter :: woozy with cider :: Folk Off :: Sunday Best

Net Labels

Conv: http://www.con-v.org/
Audiotong: http://www.audiotong.net/