[Microsound-announce] [playlist] framework - 11.10.06 & 18.10.06

. m u r m e r . murmer at talk21.com
Thu Oct 19 06:35:23 EDT 2006

framework broadcasts wednesdays on resonance104.4fm in london (uk) or worldwide on http://www.resonancefm.com from 1-2pm bst

next broadcast:    25.10.06
~ time zone converter: http://www.thesaturnv.com/converter.html ~

for general info, playlists, podcast, or to stream the latest edition: http://www.resonancefm.com/framework

RESONANCE FM'S PROGRAMMING IS PRODUCED ENTIRELY BY VOLUNTEERS; PLEASE HELP US TO CONTINUE BY MAKING A DONATION.  CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP RESONANCE ON THE AIR: HTTP://WWW.RESONANCEFM.COM.  THANK YOU!

framework - phonography/field recording; contextual and decontextualized sound activity
presented by patrick mcginley

two editions to report on this week - adam wimbush's program on the 11th, and theodore holdt's on the 18th.  framework is back online and running normally after our server meltdown earlier this month, so you should now once again be able to find us at our usual web address (http://www.resonancefm.com/framework), and be able to listen to our stream or download our podcast.  one last time, for podcast subscribers, if you haven't already you will have to change your subscription information:

*****

*****

so, on to the programs...

11.10.06

last week's edition of framework:afield was produced in london, uk by regular framework contributor adam wimbush.  for more information you can contact him directly at ascsoms at yahoo.co.uk.  adam writes:

  'In this edition of framework:afield I'm thawing out a piece built from recordings of refrigerators. The bulk of the piece is comprised of contributions kindly sent to me via e-mail as well as my own audio forays into fridges. These recordings vary in proximity to the fridges (underneath, inside, behind etc...) to complementary treatments and compositions built from fridge sounds. Essentially i've composed the piece to ebb and flow through all the recordings. describing our relationship with the appliance and mapping out sonically the components and compartments of a fridge, so lets investigate the plink plonks, gurgles, rumblings and hummings of a refrigerator and chill out for an hour. This has been tremendous fun and i couldn't help the puns! Here's a list of everybody id like to thank for their mp3's and generosity:

  Steve B - Fridge
  Oscar Marsh - Zanussi ZL 66 W
  Thomas Park - a.In The Fridge, b.Fridgescape
  Lloyd Barrett - Fridge
  Kevin Sample - Fridge_060412
  Steven A Barsotti - Freezer3
  Keith de Mendonca - Kefalonian fridge
  Bjorn Ericksson - Ivars fridge
  Jim Hoult - Fridge
  Ben Owen - Fridges 1e, 2e, 3e
  Sharon Katz - Ottawa fridge
  Derek Holzer for pointing me to Hundekeil's recording from ::soundtransit:: &
  Ward Weis's site 'Fridges & Streets'
  Patrick for Framework
  Anders Ostberg for the shout out to www.phonography.com
  also this is as close to a track list as you'll get, sorry but due to the structure of the piece it was virtually impossible to create a tracklisting. Enjoy!'

18.10.06

this week's edition was produced in portland, oregon, usa, by theodore holdt.  for more information see http://www.wildskil.com.  theodore says:

  'hey it is done. tonight.  lots of work. some of the recording sources are bees, rain in a 55 gallon drum in taos from snow melt, left wing extremists shooting plastic american icons and soda pop in utah, musical improvisation in a mysterious crater in achen germany, a nest of baby birds, shakuhachi, the guitar i built over winter, overtone singing while driving, a german friend snoring in mysterious crater and....crows.  it runs a total of 56 min.  i will send it in the mail tomorrow.  hope all is well. gototogotobed'

again, we are always looking for material for the show, whether raw field recordings, field recording based composition or introduction submissions.  send material, released or not, on any format, to the address below.  if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

framework
31 nevill road
london n16 8sl
uk

framework at talk21.com

framework intro submissions:

1)    take yourself and an audio recording device to a location of your choice
2)    record for AT LEAST 1 minute before you -
3)    read the following text:

welcome to framework.

framework is a show consecrated to field recording, and it's use in composition.
field recording, phonography, the art of sound-hunting; open your ears and listen!

4)    continue your recording for AT LEAST 2 minutes after you've finish speaking
5)    send the recording on any format to the address above, or as an mp3 via email

thanks!