[Microsound-announce] Symbiosis Playlist - 11th October 2006 (Ryuichi Sakamoto & Alva Noto)

Simon Hampson mlist at symbiosis.com.au
Tue Oct 17 16:37:43 EDT 2006

Symbiosis
Wednesday 10pm - 12am
Melbourne, Australia
102.7 FM Triple R

Streaming live online at: http://www.rrr.org.au/
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/symbiosisradio/
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/coishii

with Simon Hampson

A journey through experimental sound textures and rhythms.

Headphones recommended.

I am always looking for new sounds. Drop me an email or give me a call on
the show - I would love to hear from you.

Email: simon at symbiosis.com.au

--

Hi folks,

Ryuichi Sakamoto and Alva Noto (Carsten Nicolai) were in town last week to
perform their collaboration, 'Insen'. I caught up with them at their hotel
on Monday and aired our chat on this week's show. Some nice clanging tea
cups and the 20th floor hotel ambience came with it :)

The interview had a great response and Ryuichi and Carsten are two
down-to-earth guys. It is a great pleasure to feature their work on
Symbiosis.

The rest of the show was an eclectic mix. Old and new were both represented.
New ones from BJ Nilsen & Stilluppsteypa on The Helen Scarsdale Agency, Tim
Hecker on Kranky, and Melbourne artist James Wilkinson's new one for the
Preservation label under the guise 'Post'. And old ones from Jeph Jerman and
Freeform amongst others.

Tonight:

18th October 2006: Continuing the focus on the Melbourne International Arts
Festival.

Swiss percussionist Fritz Hauser is widely known for the uncompromising
virtuosity of his solo programs on drums and percussion, which he performs
worldwide. Hauser has composed for percussion ensembles and soloists, sound
installations, radio plays, films and readings.

Solodrumming is an improvised performance drawing inspiration from
Schallmachine, Hauser¹s collaboration with architect Boa Baumann and
Melbourne¹s Aphids and Speak Percussion, which can also be experienced as
part of this year¹s Festival.

Fritz joins me on the show to talk about Solodrumming and Schallmachine 06.

Fritz Hauser: www.fritzhauser.ch
Solodrumming:
http://melbournefestival.com.au/events/view-production/67/3055/solodrumming/
production.aspx
Schallmachine 06:
http://melbournefestival.com.au/events/view-production/67/3022/schallmachine
-06/production.aspx

Have a great week,

Simon.

Symbiosis Playlist - 11th October 2006

Ryuichi Sakamoto and Alva Noto (Carsten Nicolai) joined me for a chat on
Monday over a cup of tea. We talk about their live collaboration, ŒInsen¹,
and much more.

Ryuichi Sakamoto: http://www.sitesakamoto.com/
Alva Noto: http://www.alvanoto.com/

Artist :: Track :: Album :: Label
** Net labels (see end of playlist)

Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto :: morning :: Insen :: Raster-Noton

Interview with Ryuichi Sakamoto & Alva Noto

Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto :: siisx :: Revep :: Raster-Noton

Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto :: berlin :: Insen :: Raster-Noton

Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto :: uoon II :: Vrioon :: Raster-Noton

Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto :: mur :: Revep :: Raster-Noton

Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto :: noon :: Vrioon :: Raster-Noton

Ghislain Poirier :: la danse du plaisir :: Bip_Hop Generation Vol. 7 :: Bip
Hop

Andrew Duke :: industrial itch :: Environmental Politics :: and/OAR

BJ Nilsen & Stilluppsteypa :: svefnlaus :: Drykkjuvisur Ohljodanna :: The
Helen Scarsdale Agency

Tim Hecker :: harmony in blue IV :: Harmony In Ultraviolet :: Kranky

Tim Hecker :: radio spiricom :: Harmony In Ultraviolet :: Kranky

Maps & Diagrams :: mango glaze :: Intelligent Toys 3 :: Sutemos **

Freeform :: spandoe :: Condensed :: Nonplace

Hildegard Westerkamp :: beneath the forest floor :: The Dreams Of Gaia ::
EarthEar

Meri Von KleinSmid :: what happens to the deep-sea divers (excerpt) :: Ex
Vivo :: Mimeograph

Kyriakides/Moor :: time flies :: Red V Green :: Unsounds

Nibo :: con.duct 2 :: Spc.trm :: Raster-Noton

Jeph Jerman :: sugar bowl :: Instability Studies :: Anomalous Records

Fritz Hauser :: Melbourne International Arts Festival promotional cd

Post :: guria (excerpt) :: Post :: Preservation

Net Labels

Sutemos: www.sutemos.net